s&w m&p

Companies can only set minimum advertised prices. They can't dictate what a retailer actually sells the product for. Besides, S&W doesn't strike me as a company that would even try.

Depends on what the FFL's deal with S+W is, etc. You'd be
surprised at the amount of BS an FFL has to go through to be an
"official dealer" for S+W, Glock, etc. I haven't heard bad
things about S+W's dealer program, though... however, I kinda
doubt they would get pissy at some guy for "wal martting" his gun sales.

Another thing to watch out for is a lot of times these places
that advertise guns for stupidly low amounts of money also
do lame things like steal magazines out of the box, etc... eg, they
lure you in with the low price only to find out that you only
end up getting one mag, and then make the profit off selling
you the 2nd mag. [rolleyes]

-Mike

Depends on what the FFL's deal with S+W is, etc. You'd be
surprised at the amount of BS an FFL has to go through to be an
"official dealer" for S+W, Glock, etc. I haven't heard bad
things about S+W's dealer program, though... however, I kinda
doubt they would get pissy at some guy for "wal martting" his gun sales.

-Mike

Well, I wouldn't put it past a company to try to strong arm the dealers but it's definitely illegal to force a dealer to sell for a particular price.

-Mike

Geez Mike, I thought only the Brooklyn mail-order camera shops pulled that stunt... "Oh, you want the proprietary battery and charger that goes with that video camera? That's $299 extra..."

Go with a reputable dealer (Yes Four Seasons is probably the best around) and you will never have a problem that they won't make right.

Well, I wouldn't put it past a company to try to strong arm the dealers but it's definitely illegal to force a dealer to sell for a particular price.

One thing I have seen in the gun industry is this lame concept known
as MAP - or "minimum advertised pricing". Some gun manufs have
these rules for their dealers saying they can't advertise new guns at
being below a certain price, etc. This is why you see a lot of those
ads in gun rags and the like that will show a pic of a handgun and say
"CALL FOR PRICING" or "POR" etc. This is all "dealer agreement"
stuff, eg, contracts, etc.

-Mike

AG Guns in Lowell, MA has the M&P for $439.00 cash/check price. I bought the M&P40c about a month ago and have a put a couple hundred rounds through it with absolutely no problems. I love it so much that I just bought the M&P9 this week. This is before the $50 rebate and 2 mags from S&W so final cost will be $390 (without tax) with a total of 4 mags. How can you beat that.

Just bought myself a 9c today from First Defense in Uxbridge.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24116&page=3

I like the feel of the pistol better than anything I own or have owned, with the exception of my SW1911. The takedown is a little screwey, but nothing knuckle-busting, and definately easier than my previous 9mm - my Kahr K9. I hope to get it to the range for a proper breaking in tomorrow.

AG Guns in Lowell, MA has the M&P for $439.00 cash/check price. I bought the M&P40c about a month ago and have a put a couple hundred rounds through it with absolutely no problems. I love it so much that I just bought the M&P9 this week. This is before the $50 rebate and 2 mags from S&W so final cost will be $390 (without tax) with a total of 4 mags. How can you beat that.

Just picked up a 40c from AG Guns yesterday. $439.00 out the door. This will go with my full sized 9. Now waiting on two $50.00/magazine rebates.

Greg Derr (www.derrprecision.com) does an outstanding M&P trigger job, every bit as fine work as Dan Burwell can do, but one big difference is Mr. Derr is an NES member and Mr. Burwell isn't.

Also, Greg is an Olympic pistol competitor who still shoots Camp Perry events and other national small bore and large bore pistol competitions.

Greg's shop is located on the South Shore of Massachusetts.

If you contact him, feel free to mention my name. I am pleased to call him a friend.

Darius Arbabi
www.massgunlaw.com

Greg Derr (www.derrprecision.com) does an outstanding M&P trigger job, every bit as fine work as Dan Burwell can do, but one big difference is Mr. Derr is an NES member and Mr. Burwell isn't.

Also, Greg is an Olympic pistol competitor who still shoots Camp Perry events and other national small bore and large bore pistol competitions.

Greg's shop is located on the South Shore of Massachusetts.

If you contact him, feel free to mention my name. I am pleased to call him a friend.

Darius Arbabi
www.massgunlaw.com

+1 I was not sold on my new M&P 9MM until Greg Derr completed the trigger job (in less than a week). I went from thinking about selling it to shooting the heck out of it!! I am bringing over my Sig 226 and Les Baer 1911 to him now for sight upgrades! Greg's work is second to none!

+1 I was not sold on my new M&P 9MM until Greg Derr completed the trigger job (in less than a week). I went from thinking about selling it to shooting the heck out of it!! I am bringing over my Sig 226 and Les Baer 1911 to him now for sight upgrades! Greg's work is second to none!

Greg did my M&P 9 also. Made all the difference in the world. If I need my 40 C worked on he'll be the guy I go back to. Very quick turn around.

Thinking about a M&P40c before the $50 rebate and extra mag promotion runs out. The only competitor I see to this pistol is the Glock 27. The Glock advantages are the ability to shoot pre-ban high caps from a G22 and a slightly smaller package. I like the M&P and it fits well in my hand, plus I can get one new for $200 less than a used Glock. I feel dumb for even asking this question, but is there any reason to consider the G27 over the M&P?

Well, it's certainly a proven design, and some people like the Glock grip. I don't.

I think between the two it comes down to personal preference.

As far as comparison wouldn't comparing the M&P 40c to the G 23 be OK. I think those two are closer in size. Thats what I compared. But went with the M&P for pretty much personal preference and the points you made.

just bought the 40c M&P I love it. It is very similar to my buddys glock.
Had to polish the feed ramp, other then that its a great gun.
Just like someone has already said, I find it hard to leave home without it.

Back
Top Bottom