S&W M&P Shield Massachusetts Compliant Version(s) HEAVY TRIGGER

My LC9 has no where near a 10lb trigger. Yes its a mile long but still not bad. I feel like telling S&W to shove it sometimes.

The LC9's issue is that long travel. It feels like you're pulling the trigger 3 inches before it breaks. It isn't even as clean as I'd want it to be. That is the reason I still do not have one, which sucks because I love Ruger firearms and they really hit it out of the park with the SR9c. I hear LC9's with a trigger job break really nice but I have yet to fire one yet. Good luck with your LC9, and hopefully the Shield won't be 15 lbs. [laugh]

Sounds like "marketing hype"!! And the free state M&Ps were supposed to break at 8# . . . yet many are at 10-11# OOB!!

So this is a good thing. Maybe we will get the same trigger since it already breaks that high.

It might have already been mentioned, but to anyone thinking of not buying cause of the trigger....two words....APEX Tactical....They do wonders on any MA compliant M&P. 90% of my MA compliant 40C's internals have been replaced with APEX parts. Only thing missing is an APEX barrel, but they are coming soon! Now my hard to shoot M&P 40C shoots better than any stock 40C sold in any nonrestrictive state.

I prefer my apex modified triggers on my other M&P's.. ... I also had no problems carrying my M&P9,40c's in several different holsters but mostly in my crossbreed holstrers.

Last edited:
my new Shield, , I AM using the same holsters I use for my other M&P's

That is interesting, I would think that the Shield wouldn't fit into a M&P Holster.

On another note though, I just picked up a M&P 45 and it fits my M&P 40 Holsters, so I am happy that I don't have to buy new Holsters to fit the 45.

The magazines also fit all my mag holders but one, so I'm happy about that too.

I just measured the trigger pull on my new Shield, it was exactly 7lbs the first several pulls. Looks like Mike was right on with his initial assessment. I put some Savage trigger lube on it and after about 50 pulls it is between 6.2lbs and 5.9lbs.. it ok but I prefer my apex modified triggers on my other M&P's.. but I like this gun alot... I also had no problems carrying my M&P9,40c's in several different holsters but mostly in my crossbreed holstrers. This one is even better to carry IWB, I AM using the same holsters I use for my other M&P's

MA version or normal one? Hoping the MA ones are shipping

For those curious FourSeasons in Woburn is starting to get the MA compliant ones in. I was just there last week picking up some stuff and saw about 15+ people in there picking them up. I have to wait a bit since I put my order in in the Summer. Food for thought.

I picked up my 9MM Shield last week at FS. There is no getting around the fact that the trigger needs to be unmassified. I installed the APEX kit but Lou over at BusinessEnd Customs, now in Peabody, does a nice trigger job and has a special on all the M&P pistols for only 50 bucks, regular price is only 70 bucks.

Nice light CCW gun that holds 8+1 rounds and is reliable and shoots straight. Also, a good value at about $400.

For those curious FourSeasons in Woburn is starting to get the MA compliant ones in. I was just there last week picking up some stuff and saw about 15+ people in there picking them up. I have to wait a bit since I put my order in in the Summer. Food for thought.

I was at FS yesterday picking up a pistol and asked Carl if he had any Shields "hanging around" that I would take one of those as well....
He said they got an initial shipment of 80 that all went out and then he showed me the box with the 500 or so slips for people who have reserved one.

I was at FS yesterday picking up a pistol and asked Carl if he had any Shields "hanging around" that I would take one of those as well....
He said they got an initial shipment of 80 that all went out and then he showed me the box with the 500 or so slips for people who have reserved one.

It's insane trying to find them. Vance Outdoors has the M&P40 Shield online for $429 -- just ordered mine today. Figured I'd get the 40 now since people have swapped barrels to be able to shoot 9mm -- once barrels are available I'll do the same.

Back
Top Bottom