• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S & W 642

WanMan99

NES Life Member
NES Member
Finally got my S&W 642 from Four Seasons. I went to get a new one but they had a used 642 that came with an ankle holster, owb itac holster, 2 boxes of Remington match 38 special and 1 box of Speer Gold Dot all for $449. The gun is immaculate and has a great feel to it (though I think the trigger needs to break in a bit).
Looks like FS has plenty of ammo in stock, you can barely walk around the stacked cases of multiple calibers....

Contact Greg Derr for a trigger job that will smooth that puppy out to be REAL NICE! Cheap money too, about the cost of 2 boxes of ammo.

Will do. I have read a lot of posts from happy customers of his. My impression was that the price range was reasonable... But it's the logistics of getting it to him. I am going to put a box throught it too see how I do with the DA @ 12lbs or so.

I recently put in a set of Wolff springs in to both an M&P 340 (8lb trigger, 13lb return) made a huge difference. And then just an 8lb spring into a 642. The difference in both was immediate and noticeable. I don't see a huge difference in the return spring. But, for @ $8 and 5 minutes work, it was well worth the trigger spring.

Back
Top Bottom