S&W 5904 trigger

A friend of mine is selling a S&W 5904 for $150. He told me that he's selling it because he doesn't like the trigger pull. I'm thinking about picking it up because the price is pretty damn good. It's pre-stupid laws and comes with two fifteen round magazines and is in very very good condition. I'm wondering if anyone here has one of these or any experience firing one. I fired the gun and the trigger pull seems extremely long to me. By the time it breaks it feels like i've pulled it through the frame. Maybe that's how these were, but I don't think so. If there is something wrong with it. Is it something that may be broken that I should be looking for? Even if I do have to send it to a smith, or back to S&W I think it's still worth $150. Opinions, thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
-A-

I don't know what happened to my original reply, so I'll try again.

I agree with Cross-X, with the addition that if you decide NOT to buy it, please let me know because I will. I have a 5906 which I love even though it's too big to carry concealed. At least for me.

Gary

Nice pickup !

3rd gen S&W are very underrated, accurate, and dependable pistols. However, like Gary said, they're heavy.

You didn't mention whether you were referring to the DA or SA trigger, although I assume that you mean the single action pull. Initially, the pull is long, but it resets quickly (in about 1/8"). Only release it until it resets, and you'll see a big improvement.

I did a range report on a 4506 which has a similar trigger, you can read it here.

Back
Top Bottom