S&W 5904 how to adjust ights

So this is my first handgun and it has a nice SA trigger though the DA throws me off. I'm trying to control my aim and be consistent but I still feel like its wobbling in my hands.

Anyone have any tips on how I adjust the sights on this pistol. It shoots very low. I shot it today and it was definitely shooting low had to keep raising the gun to get hits on center mass. I shot at about 10 feet and 15 feet. 10 feet I was consistent in hitting the center but at 15 I had to raise the pistol to do the same.

We'd have to know if the gun has fixed or adjustable sights to know if you can adjust them. If you can post a picture, that would help.

Adjustable.

fVT4oGN.jpg

uZ21WmD.jpg

o4HV4JO.jpg

Also the tritium sights are dead. Can these be replaced on the cheap? Or with fiber optic ones? I looked on a few websites and it seems like everyone doesn't stock or has moved to the M&P line.

I did see a 915 slide that has novak type sight and I'm thinking of getting it so I have more parts as S&W has stopped making parts for Third Gen S&W Autos.

Looking at the same sights on my 3904, I think the screw in the middle of the rear sight is for height adjustment and the screw on the side is for windage. A couple of companies still make night sights for the 3rd generation guns. Mepro Lights is one.

There is still a lot of confusion as to whether S&W is supporting the 3rd generation guns. The answer is either yes or no depending on who you talk to at S&W.

I'm still wondering if it's my handling of the gun or the sights. But still it felt like it was shooting low. How much do you adjust the screws?

Yeah on the Smith-Wesson forum there's a huge thread about it. Still I think these are under appreciated guns. I wanted some old school cool and these certainly fit that description. I'd like to find a 3913 or CS9.

I'm still wondering if it's my handling of the gun or the sights. But still it felt like it was shooting low. How much do you adjust the screws?

Yeah on the Smith-Wesson forum there's a huge thread about it. Still I think these are under appreciated guns. I wanted some old school cool and these certainly fit that description. I'd like to find a 3913 or CS9.

I don't know about how much to adjust, I've never had to touch the sights. Generally with a 59xx, it's the shooter not the gun. Seriously, they are just great shooting guns. I have a 5906 and the only reason I don't carry it is it's all stainless.

I don't know about how much to adjust, I've never had to touch the sights. Generally with a 59xx, it's the shooter not the gun. Seriously, they are just great shooting guns. I have a 5906 and the only reason I don't carry it is it's all stainless.

BrDzbK9.jpg

5904's go for less money then 06's and I like the blued look of these guns. The alloy frame is nice.

I shot at about 10 feet and 15 feet. 10 feet I was consistent in hitting the center but at 15 I had to raise the pistol to do the same.

That statement strongly suggests it "is" you

The 5906/04 is one of the best DA/SA guns ever built. I have a couple of SIG P 226s and I think the 5906 is a better gun for a lot less money. I would have a friend try the pistol and do any serious accuracy testing at 50 feet min with 25 yds preferable.

Could I send them the sights and have the inserts replaced? Those sights are like 75% of what I paid for the gun.
I don't see why the inserts can not be replaced... I personally never heard of it though. Only gun I have with night sights is my 4013. I have SW model 39 and 59 which are close in design.

Back
Top Bottom