• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger sales tank

Their strategic plan should emphasize production of .40 and .357 sig pistols. Sales will sky rocket

It's been a few years, but Ruger did bring out an 8 shot .357 Redhawk and the .45 ACP moon clip cut Redhawk as well as 10mm revolvers. They've also expanded the LCR line, but that was a slow process. Truth is, there isn't much left for Ruger to add for revolvers. They're clearly not going to do a .410/.45, they're not going to go larger than .454 or .480 in caliber, they don't seem interested in bringing the Old Army back, and all they did with the Wrangler is copy Heritage and make a few modifications.

I've been wanting them to bring out a .32 HR Mag or .38 Spl version of the Wrangler, but make the frame as big as the Blackhawk for strength and price it at $250. That would sell very well. Another idea I've seen floated that I would love is a large frame version of the LCR, something about the size of an L frame, and call is the LSR- Lightweight Service Revolver. Larger cylinder means higher capacity, larger grip means better control, same cam firing system to reduce trigger pull weight, same polymer frame section to reduce weight, heck, could even just call it a Super LCR.

Ruger is a big corporate company tho and all they care about is what sells and the autos are what sells.
You should send them an Email.

Yes, i get it, but it's literally first ive seen this product. So these guns either just came out or are poorly marketed
My son worked for Ruger during his junior summer at WPI as an intern. He basically said the custom shop is not really "custom".

Its not like you can send your bare balls Ruger 1911 in for a trigger job and they will tune and soup it up for you and custom mill the slide to your specs and all that shit.

Custom shop to them is......making certain models a little different, that they call custom models, and selling them as made, really not much different from the Talo editions they parade out
every year.

They are not set up as an ala carte custom shop as far as I know.

My son worked for Ruger during his junior summer at WPI as an intern. He basically said the custom shop is not really "custom".

Its not like you can send your bare balls Ruger 1911 in for a trigger job and they will tune and soup it up for you and custom mill the slide to your specs and all that shit.

Custom shop to them is......making certain models a little different, that they call custom models, and selling them as made, really not much different from the Talo editions they parade out
every year.

They are not set up as an ala carte custom shop as far as I know.

The real question is though, are the guns hand fitted vs not and so forth? And are they still using MIM garbage even in those models? thats sort of the line in the
sand. Or they probably more like S&Ws PC stuff, which used to be stellar but now is just another marketing badge or so it seems.

Yes, i get it, but it's literally first ive seen this product. So these guns either just came out or are poorly marketed
Poorly marketed they've been out for a hot minute

If i cared id search here and show you the thread post from a few years ago

But take my word i learned about it from this site

Poorly marketed they've been out for a hot minute

If i cared id search here and show you the thread post from a few years ago

But take my word i learned about it from this site

Lol if theyve been out for 3 years their marketing is dog shit, because I've been selling guns for like 2 out of the past 3 years and never heard or seen of one of the things. [rofl]

Lol if theyve been out for 3 years their marketing is dog shit, because I've been selling guns for like 2 out of the past 3 years and never heard or seen of one of the things. [rofl]
Now i wrong disagree there

But i thought they also had some might watchman edition that was stoopid money

Nvm that isnt that much

The Koenig line of 1911s came out in 2020/2021 if I remember correctly. Paul Pluff from Ruger was bringing them around to sanctioned IDPA matches up and down the east coast and letting everyone shoot them and try them out.

Has Ruger ever had a lifetime warranty??? People say all the time that their firearms have lifetime warranties but I have never seen anything in writing that is the case. In fact, I do not believe they have any written warranty (but are known for great customer service if there is a problem, as long as the firearm is still in production and parts are available).

There is no warranty card supplied with Ruger firearms, there is something that states:

"Your firearm was not shipped with a warranty card because:
The Magnuson-Moss Act (Public Law 93-637) does not require any seller or manufacturer of a consumer product to give a written warranty. It does provide that if a written warranty is given, it must be designated as “limited” or as “full” and sets minimum standards for a “full” warranty. Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. has elected not to provide any written warranty, either “limited” or “full,” rather than to attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and the regulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. As the extent and interpretation of these implied warranties vary from state to state you should refer to your state statutes. Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. wishes to assure its customers of its continued interest in providing service to owners of Ruger firearms."

In the nearly 40 years that I have been shooting.

I have never heard from anyone, that Ruger did not do what was right in remedying an issue.

Even with my own dealings with Ruger; I find their customer service to be the best.

I prefer buying firearms brands that stand behind their products like: Ruger, Walther, Canik and S&W.

If this is the powdered metal they form into things, , this is the most important thing I read on here. NOBODY who knows, wants that.
MiM isn't always garbage but if the process isn't done right it can be a dumpster fire.

Like for example a bunch of people here had 1911PDs from smith. Every person I know had their plunger tube legs shear off and the tube either fell off the gun or was about to. This defect probably affected hundreds or even thousands of guns for just because it was a piece of s*** MIM part. When it's done right almost nobody will notice but when it's done poorly everybody will notice. On mid to high tier 1911 it's basically considered bad form to even have that crap on the gun.

I think MIM parts issues, also differ by caliber in a way.
Higher power calibers will cause way more stress to a part than smaller caliber.
i.e.: .44M vs 22LR.

They used to be quite happy to replace stuff that wore out.

I had thee winter jackets replaced because zippers broke or other stuff happened.

They used to boast about their quality and their warranty. While your wife might have considered it abuse, the people who ran the company considered it a marketing win. IIRC, it was L.L. himself who started that.

We bought stuff from them for years and years because while expensive, it was very well made and they backed it up with good customer service and a great warranty.
Now, sadly, it's all imported crap. You're just paying extra to cover that "warranty".

Ruger seems to have their hand in too many cookie jars. They take a lot of shots and make approachable/accessible firearms. Some are junk, some are knockouts. My LCP .380 decided to self-disassemble and toss it’s extractor in the snow. I replaced it and still carry it (after many more rounds for reassurance). My 20 year old 10/22 is a tack driver and functions flawlessly. I’ve found the SR22 is equally flawless and eats damn near everything, same as the SFAR I put another 200 rounds through just today (ridiculously light recoil for a gun that light in .308. And yes, It’s accurate, damn accurate for a battle rifle. If it holds up, it’s punching well above it’s weight class, I really love the SFAR).

I don’t know where I was going with this. What are their sales like compared to the rest of the market? Ruger does a lot well, but few things exceptionally well. I feel like they made be spread too thin to capture a significant (majority) share from any single market.

The real question is though, are the guns hand fitted vs not and so forth? And are they still using MIM garbage even in those models? thats sort of the line in the
sand. Or they probably more like S&Ws PC stuff, which used to be stellar but now is just another marketing badge or so it seems.
From what my kid said, they are mostly just different models with the same parts. The Keonig 1911 may be different, not sure.

They need to get the Marlins out in the market, there should be some pent up demand if the prices are right. After that sales for that stuff falls off a cliff, only a select group want leverguns.
But I'm one of them. That said they need to price them not stupid, that select group won't over pay for them either.

Other than that, there's very few Ruger firearms in the market that I like.

The Marlin lever guns need to beat the Henry in price. Henry has a great product and cannot make enough of them. They get a good price, but it Marlin gets to that price, people will pick Henry. Change our minds.

From what my kid said, they are mostly just different models with the same parts. The Keonig 1911 may be different, not sure.

They need to get the Marlins out in the market, there should be some pent up demand if the prices are right. After that sales for that stuff falls off a cliff, only a select group want leverguns.
But I'm one of them. That said they need to price them not stupid, that select group won't over pay for them either.

Other than that, there's very few Ruger firearms in the market that I like.
Get a Henry.

Or, go for the top of the line UBERTI.

Why what?
Broc...dont answer a question with a question. You inferred there are two other guns better than the one mentioned and I want to why WHY? So why are Henry and Uberti better because I actually may take your advice seriously!!!! That could be a first for you as well!

Broc...dont answer a question with a question. You inferred there are two other guns better than the one mentioned and I want to why WHY? So why are Henry and Uberti better because I actually may take your advice seriously!!!! That could be a first for you as well!
Mark talks about the price of the Marlins being too high, so I said "get a Henry".

As to the Uberti, do you really need me to explain?

Broc...dont answer a question with a question.

And don't tell me how to live my life. :cool:

Mark talks about the price of the Marlins being too high, so I said "get a Henry".

As to the Uberti, do you really need me to explain?
I do want an explanation I have never handled or seen an Uberti or Henry

And don't tell me how to live my life. :cool:
I never said anything about your gay life sooooooooooo.......

I already mentioned the Henry. They are very smooth and slick operating.

I don't know much about Uberti. I always thought they were a "clone gun" company, like Taurus. I thought they were a tier or two or three down from Henry. I could certainly be wrong. I just don't know that much about them.

It would be interesting to see a side by side comparison of a Henry and one of these new Marlins in the same caliber. Either 30-30 or .22 Magnum would be nice to see.

Back
Top Bottom