• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger PC9 and Glock mags

Hey everyone,

I picked up a PC9 over the weekend and finally was able to take it out after all the rain we have been getting. Its a great little shooter and I love that it take the same mags as my g19. It ran flawlessly with my 10 rounders.

Now when I used my pre ban U-notch 17's it fired the first round then wouldn't feed the next unless i tapped the base of the mag into the magwell then it would fire 1 shot again then I would have to repeat the same action. These mags have new springs and the updated followers and run perfect in my G19.

Is anyone here having the same issues with prebans in their carbines? Also, I was thinking about getting some happy sticks for competition, but after this issue Im worried that I may have the same issue. I dont know anyone who has the 30 rounders (glock/scherer, or even steel mags) in my area so I cant try them to test.

Any input would be appreciated!

I think I know what the issue is with your PC9 and the pre-ban mags. I've got a PC9 and have run Magpul 10rd mags. Zero issues in the first 500 rounds. Bear with me here. Previously, I had a JR Carbine (JRC) that had the same problems with pre-ban mags. Current Glock mags in that JRC worked just right. My 'smith looked at the pre-ban and post ban mags and noticed that there was about a 1/8" amount of slop in the magwell when the pre-ban was locked in. He tells me that amount of slop will make it misfire. I don't doubt that Ruger and JRC made the magwells to current Glock mag wells only. If there is a difference between the pre-ban and the current mags, it makes sense. Most auto-loader malfunctions are usually mag-related.
Just my humble $.02

Only square notch work in mine. I have a couple U notch pre bans and they do not work in my PC9.

I was kinda afraid someone would say this, for the prices of square notch mags these days...

If you live in NH, come try my 33 rounders.

I appreciate the offer! but im south of Worcester currently, and I was curious about the preban stick mags, which I suppose would all be U-notch...

Hey everyone,

I picked up a PC9 over the weekend and finally was able to take it out after all the rain we have been getting. Its a great little shooter and I love that it take the same mags as my g19. It ran flawlessly with my 10 rounders.

Now when I used my pre ban U-notch 17's it fired the first round then wouldn't feed the next unless i tapped the base of the mag into the magwell then it would fire 1 shot again then I would have to repeat the same action. These mags have new springs and the updated followers and run perfect in my G19.

Is anyone here having the same issues with prebans in their carbines? Also, I was thinking about getting some happy sticks for competition, but after this issue Im worried that I may have the same issue. I dont know anyone who has the 30 rounders (glock/scherer, or even steel mags) in my area so I cant try them to test.

Any input would be appreciated!
Took to carefully filing and sanding my RUGER PCC 9mm magazine insert to freely accommodate/seat my G17 17 round mags (loaded with 17 snap caps). I bought another insert to use with FMJ Gen 2-5 mags in the future.

Back
Top Bottom