Ruger 10/22 Build

Back in November I had purchased my first Ruger 10/22. I had intended to keep the gun completely stock. Well I found out about Rimfire Central and the 10/22 obsession started. I had wanted to keep the original lines of the 10/22 carbine and not go with a bull barrel.

1022.jpg

Revival Trailblazer Walnut Stock
Connecticut Precision Chambering (CPC) Bolt
Volquartsen extended bolt handle
Shilen .22LR Varmint Contour Barrel 22"
Tony Kidd 6 oz. trigger
Tony Kidd bolt buffer
Leupold 3-9x 33mm Rimfire
Leupold base with low rings

I had to sand the barrel channel. There seems to be stocks available for the factory sporter barrel and .920 bull barrels but nothing for a varmint contour. I can't wait to take her out and see how it shoots!

Thunderbolt.........

Nice.
I thought of doing another build and going with the classic look but these things can be real money pits and theres too many other rifles I have to work on first.[smile]

Nice!

10/22s are fun to tinker around with. The availability of aftermarket parts seems endless and the simplicity of the design is such that even someone with minimal firearms experience and/or mechanical aptitude can improve upon it with just a few drop in parts.

So.... how does it shoot?

Thanks for the comments guys, I haven't take it out yet to shoot, its just been too cold, plus work sometimes always gets in the way.. LOL

Dvajda, yeah I think you got the vintage right on the computer. Its a speedy 386sx-16. It has a 'huge' 20meg hard drive. LOL.. Pretty good for playing solitare in Windows 3.1 and that's about it.

I got to take it out today for the first time. Shot nearly same hole groups at 25 yards. I think the chamber is so tight on the barrel that the bolt doesn't have enough energy to reset the trigger. The next round would feed but the trigger wouldn't reset.

Is the trigger really short in terms of travel? You might not have enough overtravel in the trigger to allow the trigger to reset. That is usually a set screw in the trigger.

Thanks GTOShooter, thats what the folks over at RFC said also, unfortunately it would have to wait until I can get back to the range. It doesn't happen when hand cycling the action. Also the sear position is adjustable and the trigger bar may not have enough take up. I have to look into that also.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom