• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RSA 159:6-B moving to another County

Reading the inet and if there are any laws on notifying the PD when you move in NH. As we will be moving from hillsborough county where license was issued, to rockingham county shortly. YAY!!!! And found this...

Looks like I have to notify the PD to the town I am moving to that I will be a resident and have P&R permit.. Has any one else heard of this or have suggestions on how to notify them? I was thinking certified letter saying I am now reside in this town and a copy of the permit.

Thoughts?

159:6-b Suspension or Revocation of License. –
I. The issuing authority may order a license to carry a loaded pistol or revolver issued to any person pursuant to RSA 159:6 to be suspended or revoked for just cause, provided written notice of the suspension or revocation and the reason therefore is given to the licensee. A licensee whose license has been suspended or revoked shall be permitted a hearing on such suspension or revocation if a hearing is requested by the licensee to the issuing authority within 7 days of the suspension or revocation.
II. When the licensee hereunder ceases to be a resident of the community in which the license was issued he shall notify in writing the issuing authority at his new place of residence that he has a current license. Such license shall remain in effect until it expires pursuant to RSA 159:6.[/QUOTE]

I'd think what you are thinking would be appropriate. A letter notifying them you are notifying them as required by RSA 159:6-b section II of your P&R license should do it.

I wonder how often they get this sort of thing and how little they probably care...

When I moved from Nashua to Nottingham, then Rochester, I filled out zero change of address forms, (was not aware of law until now) had no effect on renewal in Rochester (2007)

They probably dont care, or are even aware of the law. It is certainly not a 30 day certified mail requirement like in MA

I sent a letter when I moved from Weare to Manchester. It's probably not critical but it cost me ten minutes of my time so I did it anyway.

My only concern is that NH does not require you to carry your license, only that you have a license. And if you get in a jam with some town's PD and they check to see if you actually have your permit, they won't be able to tell if they contact your current town.

Thanks all.

I also found this little gem on the web from Penny Dean , seems like an attorney . Short sweet and to the point...

And ya... wondering how much they care......

Pursuant to RSA 159:6-b II I, Person x/, formerly of xxx Street, Concord, NH 03301 have moved to 1 Freedom Lane, Manchester, NH 03101. I am enclosing a copy of my current Pistol/Revolver License (LTC) from Concord.

Back
Top Bottom