Ron's Sport Shop -- S. Dartmouth, Ma

Found a new shop the other day while driving around, actually the place has been open for 2 years now but I just found it. Medium sized shop with good selection of used rifles and pistols, ammo, tremendous archery section, fishing and reloading supplies. We are not fortunate enough to have many firearms shops in the greater New Bedford area so I was thrilled to find this one. The owner of the store, Ron, is a great guy whom I chatted with for an hour and a half yesterday before I left with a pristine Ruger Security Six. The shop is open weekdays 1-7 p.m. with Saturday hours aswell. I highly reccomend this place for anyome nearby.

Ron's Sport Shop
(by King Lumber, across from Family Haircut Center)
13 B Russells Mills Rd.
S. Dartmouth, Mass

508-994-8211

He wouldn't be Ron Barros would he?

Ron used to run a shop at his home (Rochester, IIRC). He was being hassled by the town and he got divorced. Subsequently it seems that he has fallen off the radar screen.

Does anyone have any current info on this place? His Guns America account shows he has a particular something I am interested in.

Does anyone have any current info on this place? His Guns America account shows he has a particular something I am interested in.

he's in a strip mall at the very beginning of russell's mills road (it's a one way in that section...)
i stopped in last week to check the place out and grabbed a business card:

508-994-8211
13B Russells Mills Rd

has a lot of consignment stuff, including a bunch of milsurp...

I have bought a lot of things from Ron. He has been open for longer than a couple of years. You can trust his auctions and not worry about if he is a hack like other shops newly opened in Fall River. A lot of stuff he has is on consignment and he often has powder and reloading components in stock. I have purchased at least 7 or 8 guns from Ron. He also sells a lot of archery related equipment. I purchased my first bullseye target pistol from him and it was a ruger mkII with an aimpoint and it was a good deal and got me started in the bullseye leagues. The price was right and the gun was decent. He also took a brand new gun I bought from him that had an issue and dealt with the manufacturer directly and shipped it back so I didn't have to. So yes the shop and Ron have some good things about it...not perfect but better than others. Just keep in mind that he is a small shop and it seems he prefers to price his ammo and accessories a little higher and sell less rather deal in volume.

Back
Top Bottom