• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ROMAK replacement stock

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
Does anybody know where I can find a replacement stock set for my ROMAK? I have looked far and wide and all of the web sites I have emailed are either no longer in buisness or do not make them anymore. [sad]

If you're referring to the RomAK 3, AKA Romanian Dragunov, your S.O.L., as nobody does.

At least you didn't get clipped (for about $100) by the jerk off that was making synthetic stocks, that looked like SVD stocks, and was way behind orders, then went belly up.

Update.

There's some stuff brewing on this.

Don't buy one until you run it by me, as there's tha tcrook Ed to deal with. he'll still take your money, and ship you nothing.

When I know something concrete, I'll post it.

thanks, I did find a guy in Texas who makes AK, and SAIGA stocks who was going to make some for ROMAKS but he has yet to email me back. I just do not like the short stock. I did hear of someone modifying a AK ATI drag style stock. However my stock modifying skills are limited to say the least.

I know the handguards don't, but does the standard Romanian AK thumbhole stock fit?
Whats wrong with your stock anyway? Or do you want to go the black rifle look?

The stock is to short. I tried a recoil pad and that helped. The top hand guard is cracked and I ordered one and it arrived cracked as well. I guess I am looking for replacements. I really do not want to go the black rifle look at this stage in the game. I am looking for anyone who sells replacement parts.

As for the stock being too short, these rifles generally have shorter stocks than the average Dragunov rifle. There are butt pads made for these that fit and add an extra 2" at least. I've seen them in pics on the Saiga forums.
If the handguard isn't cracked too bad, you can always V out the area and super glue it from the inside. I've actually put Finn Mosin handguards back together with gel super glue repairs and you can't even tell. There isn't enough recoil damage on the Romaks to tear a glued handguard apart if you do it right, plus you can always refinish it.
If you're unsure of doing it, I'd gladly take a look at it when the spring shoot comes around if you want and let you know what I think for a repair procedure.

Back
Top Bottom