• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Romak 3s

SKS Ray

NES Member
I saw a few posts on another section about Romak 3 rifles. I have one and just today got my scope for it. I bought the rifle un-scoped from SOG because I wanted a specific scope rather than the one they were selling with theirs. The scope I got today came from Shot Plus' web site. Its an 8x42 POSP with independant rear focus and lit reticle. I was going to go with one from Kalinka Optics but heard some bad stories about people dealing with them and since there wasn't telephone number where I could call for in stock availability, I went with Shot Plus instead. I've heard of people waiting months for scopes because they are coming in from Russia through middle man dealers here in the states, and I wanted one now.
I got it today and haven't tried fitting it yet, but made sure I ordered the one for a Romak 3 mount. One thing that bothers me a bit is the reticle. Its the standard Dragunov range finding reticle, but its a little faint for my taste when compared to your average scope reticle. I wasn't expecting a thick 3 line Euro style reticle, but the markings are a little thin and hard to see depending on what i'm looking at. I'd hate to send it back and order from another place only to find out its the same. :? I think i'll just mount it, bore sight it, and take it to the range this weekend weather permitting and judge it there.
I remember a while back I picked up a scope from the We Are Guns guy for a Saiga rifle I had. It was the older style POSP with extending sun shade and seemed to have a more defined reticle and markings. I sold that one with the rifle a while ago so I can't compare them, but I think the batch of Russian scopes from Belarus that are here in the states now are diferent from the first batch that came in a while back. I know they update them now and then with new and suposed better features.

i have a 6x for my ak, i havent had a chance to go and try it out yet, but it fits great on my gun, seems to be made very well, and i like the reticle. i ordered it directly from kalinka, it came exactly a week after i ordered it. they have a new (or atleast another one) customer service guy that seems to have improved things ALOT. ive heard alot of good things since hes been working there, poeple on ar15.com that ordered stuff from them while he has worked there have reported better service. they have a good product, and i know i will order from them again.

Back
Top Bottom