road to WPR club closed?

Hi folks,

I haven't been to the range in over a month. I went yesterday (a Saturday) and the road was closed at both ends blocking just the WPR club section of the road. I drove through anyways to see if the club was open but the gate was closed. I didn't bother to open it up and go in as I didn't know the reason for the road closing.

1) Is the club still open even through the road is closed?

2) I'm not trying to flame the person who put the road block sign just inches after the school, but whose bright idea was it to put the sign there? Basic instinct is to pull a U-turn at the sign. You are going to automatically do it where there is only one place to do the turn, at the school. Having a firearm on school grounds is a no no. I'd suggest the town put a sign next to the "Road Closed" sign saying to go in reverse to back track off the road. Do not pull into the school grounds if you have a firearm in your car. Or if the club is open to have a sign saying enter if going to the range.

I went there around 3:00 yesterday and both ends of the road were closed. I drove through on the Mill St. side and noticed the gate closed. I didn't know the reason for the road closed (if it was related to WPR) so I left.

Back
Top Bottom