• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Riverview Guns - stocked up!

turbo38gn

NES Member
Been a while since I've been there, in Windsor, CT. Not since they lost their FFL, guess I kinda thought they wouldn't have much there. I was wrong. They still have everything gun related that does not require an FFL to sell. Even have lots of AR uppers. Some ammo.. but Ar parts and accessories, tools, scopes, red dots, powder, reloading supplies, gun cleaning supplies, safes, holsters... I could go on and on.. they are still the best stocked gun store I have ever been in..

Did it ever come out why their license got yanked?

They went under the microscope after it turned out that Nancy Lanza bought the AR that Adam Lanza used at Sandy Hook from Riverview. Some of the clerks at Riverview were careless with paperwork and inventory. Several firearms apparently were MIA and not reported. Their books did not pass full scrutiny, and Dave the owner was convicted in Federal court of several offenses. He paid fines, had his FFL yanked and is on probation.

When I think about it, I suppose one thing that must really hurt is that I *think* he went into this because he loves guns, as a convicted felon he can't even handle them any more. That sux for him.

I work in Windsor, and stop in there most Fridays. I previously purchased several firearms there, and still purchase most of my ammo and other firearms related purchases there.

I loved going down there, always had everything you ever wanted for guns and accessories. I just don't know if being from MA we can buy ammo in CT anymore. I know they have a lot of new laws now.

I loved going down there, always had everything you ever wanted for guns and accessories. I just don't know if being from MA we can buy ammo in CT anymore. I know they have a lot of new laws now.
You gotta get a CT permit to buy ammo. Out of state people can get one.

I go in from time to time. Seems like their prices were steep to compensate for gun sales loss. I know the inventory increased. Don't know how their prices are lately.

Odd. I thought they had closed up shop. I stopped by there on a Wednesday night (5:30pm or about) a few weeks ago and the place was closed.

Back
Top Bottom