Richie's Sporting Supply - Westport, MA

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Business yesterday took me down to Fall River and I had some time to kill before finishing business and heading back my way, so thanks to redsoxdoc for the pointer to Richie's Sporting Supply in Westport, MA.

Location is what appears to be a barn built into a 1st class gun shop with his house behind it. Long and large driveway/parking area was full with a number of cars (including mine) on the roadway. This reminded me so much of my buddy's former shop (LEO) in his garage (back in the late 1970s), even down to the "regulars" who hang out there! Richie is a real nice guy, very welcoming, low key operation that probably does phenomenal volume! LOTS of very interesting long and short guns. A nice touch was the Johnny-on-the-spot beside the shop entrance. [wink]

It was also obvious that he caters to a LE crowd as well as the shooter and hunter. Richie and his "geriatric ward" (as he called them [laugh] ) have the right political attitude too! We MUST all stick together on ALL the shooting sports and not fractionalize!

Saw a Kel-Tec .380 for LE only at $292.

If I lived near this place, I could see myself being a fixture in his shop!! Real nice guy and I highly recommend that anyone finding themselves in this area stop by. The guys/gals who live near this shop are VERY LUCKY to have such a shop in their area!!

Richie's Sporting Supply
217 Mouse Mill Road
Westport, MA 02790
508-636-3395
Richard J. Pacheco
www.richiessportingsupply.com
[email protected]

Last edited:
Len, I'm glad you got a chance to stop by Richies. It is definetley a hidden gem in gun shops for the southcoast area. Unless you are told of its existence, you would never assume it was a gunshop. Richie is a very interesting guy to talk to and goes out of his way to make you feel welcome from the moment you enter his shop until you leave. It's always a good day when we stop by. That guy has everything !!! I highly recommend Richies for anyone in the area or anybody who would like to take a trip down on a weekend.

RD

I had a review of Richie's from a while back somewhere on here but don't see it now. [thinking] I've got quite a few guns from Richie. He is an interesting guy and you can spend hours there shootin' the shit about laws, guns, etc. Some of the stuff i've heard from him doesn't sound right and i've read otherwise from folks on here, but hey, were talking Mass. laws. Understanding and knowing them is like learning Mandarin Chinese. He occasionally gets a hidden gem in stock like the Finn M91 Mosin Nagant I got off him for only $100. All my out of state FFL buys are now through Richie when it comes to me buying non C&R rifles and having them sent into Mass. He does have the most complete shop and service in the area.
And yes Len you are right, Richie holds a good number of firearms for LE only. Did he show you or mention the Iraq sniper rifles he was contracted to do?

Last edited:
No on the Iraq sniper rifles. He did pull out a tear gas cannister kit that goes with a .38 revolver on the wall (the one with a tin can on it . . . it's not a silencer, but a grenade launcher) . . . it fires blanks to power the gas grenades.

fn pistol

I checked out richie's web, and saw the following on the inventory pg

"We are now a stocking dealer of Fabrique Nationale (FN) firearms. We have in stock shotguns, bolt action rifles,PS90 rifle, and the 5.7 x28 pistol. "

I didn't think the fn 5.7 pistol was mass compliant? Am I missing something?

garyz

Well looks like quite a few of you have checked out Richie's. My hidden shop in the backroads of Westport has been ferequented by quite a few NESrs lately from what I've read throughout the forums. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom