Ri state house gun night

Decent turnout last night for the Pro 2A crowd. About 300 pro 2A from what I heard and less than 100 anti's.... yes Bloomberg did his work on bussing in the Mom's Demand Action. They MDA kept saying how they just want "common sense reform" yet they were supporting a bill that made it illegal to have a gun anywhere but at home or at the range. Bunch of meatheads. I will say that Frank Saccoccio (RI Second Amendment Coalition) did a great job going through each bill line by line tearing them apart on wording and giving great examples on why we need to pass or can't allow others to be passed. He spoke for a goof 45-60 minutes informing the committee on these bills.

End result? I left before they voted on anything. If they are being held in committee then they are most likely dead. We may not have gotten our pro 2A bills through, but at least they didn't get their anti 2A bills through. We'll be back next year.

End result? I left before they voted on anything. If they are being held in committee then they are most likely dead. We may not have gotten our pro 2A bills through, but at least they didn't get their anti 2A bills through. We'll be back next year.

They were all held. We still have the Senate hearings to go, need to kill them there as well.

I'm so sick of having to go to the statehouse year after year for the same bills. I rue the day they may pass. I know if they ever do and we try to get them repealed all we'll hear is "You lost get over it". Yet thy will never stop.

The one big change this year is our side introduced a bunch of bills. Most (all) don't have a chance of being passed, but it sure keeps the antis busy testifying against them. It's one way of using up some of their airtime that they would otherwise spend pumping their stupid bills.

And who knows, we may still get to pass the CCW reform bill, which is a great piece of work for us.

I have a friend that lives in RI- he is often my receiver for online orders. It amazes me how different gun laws in RI are to MA, itll be a shame if freedoms get cut, RI seems well put together with most of its laws. I ordered the last of my preban mags i think in anticipation of this passing :(

And for anyone who missed the RI State House gun night, you can plan to catch the one at the MA State House... probably scheduled appropriately for May Day...

Just sayin'

e204957efec5b622b974491c01341051.jpg

Back
Top Bottom