**Results Posted ** Steel Challenge Match - Harvard Sportsmen's Club 7-21-12

PMD

SEE POST #22 FOR RESULTS

Harvard Sportsmen's Club - 5 Stages
Saturday - July 21, 2012

SHOOTER'S MEETING: 9:15am
START TIME: 9:30am squadded

Categories:

Pistol Open, Pistol Iron, Production, Revolver Open, Revolver Iron, Rimfire Pistol Open, Rimfire Pistol Iron, Rimfire Rifle Open, Rimfire Rifle Iron.

$10.00 first gun
2nd afternoon run (if time permits) $5.00
Juniors shoot first gun for free.

Stages:

Stage 1: Speed Option http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/speed_option.pdf

Stage 2: Roundabout http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/roundabout.pdf

Stage 3: Five to Go http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/five_to_go.pdf

Stage 4: Smoke & Hope http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/smoke_and_hope.pdf

Stage 5: TBD

General Principles:

Steel Challenge scoring is simple: your time is your score!
Each stage consists of five targets, commonly referred to as plates. Four are standard plates, and the fifth is designated as the stop plate.
Each of the standard targets must be hit at least once before hitting the stop plate, and the time stops when the stop plate is hit. Competitors may fire as many rounds as they deem necessary for each string of fire. The worst string on each stage will be thrown out, and the total of the remaining times will be competitor’s score for that stage. All stages will be shot five times with the exception of "Outer Limits" which will be shot four times.
The maximum time allowed for an individual string is 30 seconds.

For complete Rules and all stage layouts please go here:

http://steelchallenge.com/scsa-clubs/scsa-rules/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***NOTE***

*HSC is a COLD RANGE: All firearms will be kept UNLOADED except on the firing line under the direct supervision of a Match Officials.
*Gun handling at Safe tables only and must be brought to the firing line in a holster or case.
*Eye and ear protection is required for all shooters and spectators.
*Holsters: In general, holsters shall be mounted in the general vicinity of the waist, must cover the trigger, and must safely hold/retain the gun. All Centerfire handguns must be appropriate for holster use.
*HSC will allow "Low Ready" starts for Centerfire handguns (2 seconds added per run)
*Rimfire competition does not involve the use of a holster
*Each competitor is expected to come to the firing line ready to shoot, with an appropriate amount of ammunition in an appropriate number of magazines or speed-loaders or other loading devices.
*Minimum cartridge for centerfire competitions (38 Special, 9X19).
*Rimfire firearms must be .22 Long Rifle (.22LR) only
*Any ammunition deemed unsafe or likely to damage the targets will be removed from use
*Any standard plate which has not been hit before the stop plate will count as a Miss. Each Miss on a standard plate will result in a 3 (three) second penalty, added to the shooter’s time for that string.
*If the stop plate is not hit, the score for that string is 30 seconds

For Club information and directions:
http://www.harvardsportsmensclub.com

For questions or if you'd like to help - please email Paul Dandini [email protected]

Last edited:
Sheesh - the best day of the season and I'm going to miss it! Dang "honey-do" list after 2 weeks of vacation.

Sorry Paul -- I promise I'm in for the next match.

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-(

Sheesh - the best day of the season and I'm going to miss it! Dang "honey-do" list after 2 weeks of vacation.

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-(

I'm missing it too Frank. It's day 1 of my vacation. I'm sorry I'm going to miss another one.

Can people come to just watch? If so, is there a cost?

No cost to watch, just bring eye and ear protection. Steel Challenge is one of the best ways to started in the action shooting sports: no movement (for the most part), no reloading on the clock (hopefully). There are .22 rimfire pistol and rifle divisions so it's cheap to shoot as well.

I would like to know if there are spectators. New to shooting and want to check it out.

Of course you can come and watch. Bring eye and ear protection and come on down. Better yet, if you have a 22 and 5 magazines, come on down and shoot the match. Just let your R.O. know you are new and we will help you as much as we can. Matt [grin]

I got out of work early, and made it for the 2nd run.
I have not shot my handgun since the MA state IDPA match. Rusty at first, but got into the groove. Great way to end the afternoon. Thanks to the guy's that stuck around for the 2nd run.
Mike

Great day today.
We put thru 67 shooters.
Thanks to John Haas and Matt Sherritt Jr for setting most of the stages this morning and for all those who helped to RO and score.
Hope to get scores done with in the next day or so..
See you next month.

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-(

Sorry you missed it, Frank - it was a wonderful day to shoot! (although I suspect the Friendly Crossways folks didn't think so - I noticed tables set up on their lawn when I went by.)

Wife and I had a great time at our first ever competitive shoot today... Finished cleaning up and enjoying a cold beverage now. Thanks dirtypacman, dwarven1, pmd, knuckle dragger and the whole crew!!!

? Um... OK, I guess you're Ted? Thanking me for nagging you on FB to come, right? Glad you did come and glad you both had a good time. The HSC crew does a hell of a job on these shoots, and they're just so much FUN.

Many thanks to all those who helped me get through my first Steel Challenge match. Great fun with a wonderful group of shooters. Looking forward to the next match in August. Special thanks to John, our RO, for his patience and guidance.

Whoa... Either I was having a very good day (and it didn't feel like it!) or Knuckledragger was having a bad day - or both. Watch yourself, Brent - My goal is to beat you one of these days!

Wife and I had a great time at our first ever competitive shoot today... Finished cleaning up and enjoying a cold beverage now. Thanks dirtypacman, dwarven1, pmd, knuckle dragger and the whole crew!!!

Glad you had fun and that I could help with the mags.

Awesome!! I came in first for Rimfire Rifle Iron --- well I guess I came in first cause I was the only one shooting that division. HAHA. Anyhow what a great day was had.

Thanks again for all the hard work that goes into these matches. Best couple bucks you can spend on a day shooting with friends.

Glad you had fun and that I could help with the mags. ... Best couple bucks you can spend on a day shooting with friends.
Having enough mags made ALL the difference, with my wife and I having to share a pistol!!

"Best couple of bucks..."? Are you stealing your ammo from somewhere?? [wink] I think we went through close to 300 rds of factory .45ACP. Mostly JHP because that's all I could find at Wally-World on short notice the night before. Ouch!

Having enough mags made ALL the difference, with my wife and I having to share a pistol!!

"Best couple of bucks..."? Are you stealing your ammo from somewhere?? [wink] I think we went through close to 300 rds of factory .45ACP. Mostly JHP because that's all I could find at Wally-World on short notice the night before. Ouch!

Rimfire my friend, I love my .45's but they don't come out to play all the time because costs can exceed the pleasure lol

Back
Top Bottom