• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Req: Bill of Sale

JackO

Instructor
I'm looking for a Bill if Sale form that can be used for FTF firearm transfer in addition to regular FA-10. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what I gen'd up. NOTE: IANAL and this was something that I modified from one of those $20-30 software packages with "legal forms" in them.

If I don't know the other party, we either do a BOS or "no deal". If it's someone I know and they go ballistic about the idea of a BOS, I may let it slide.

Both parties get to keep a signed original copy. NO copies get sent to any "authorities", but it documents the sale/purchase just in case you need proof one day in the future. [NOTE: From a current thread on DefensiveCarry.com - Atlanta (GA) PD has a firm policy that they will NOT return a person's firearm unless said owner can PROVE with a BOS that they owned the gun (and GA allows private transfers with no paperwork). Thus, if someone gets ill/hurt and transported to the hospital and the police "secure" the gun or removes guns from a car accident . . . if you can't produce a BOS, you do NOT get your guns back under any circumstances!]

BILL OF SALE
____________________, seller, of ______________________, ___________, __________ County, Massachusetts _______, in consideration of $________ paid me by __________________, buyer, of ____________, ___________, ________ County, Massachusetts ________, receipt of which is acknowledged, do grant, sell, transfer, and deliver to buyer the following goods: one ____________(model), ____________(caliber) S/N _____________ with _____ magazines, ___________________________(accessories). Seller LTC #/C&R FFL # ________________________, Issued Date ______________, Expiration Date _______________.
Buyer LTC #/C&R FFL # _________________, Issued Date _____________, Expiration Date ___________. Said LTCs/C&R FFLs having been presented to Buyer and Seller as Identification in accordance with MGLs and Federal Laws.
Buyer shall have all rights and title to the goods in himself and his executors, administrators, and assigns.
Seller is the lawful owner of the goods, and the goods are free from all encumbrances. Seller has good right to sell the goods.
Buyer and Seller have executed this bill of sale at ______________, Massachusetts [designate place of execution] on ____________________ [date].

Back
Top Bottom