• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reputation system

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a few weeks back while browsing threads I gave an approval to a poster here becuase I liked what he had to say.

The next day I receive a PM from him asking why I gave him a neg rep on a comment that was received by everyone else so positively, I apologize thinking that I must have hit the wrong button.

The other day I come across this same user in another thread, so I figured I could make up for the accidental neg rep by giving him an approval (this time I carefully checked that the I approve button was checked off) again I get a PM asking what my deal is for giving him a negative reputation again.

I am 100% sure that the second time I gave an approval, I am 75% sure that the first time was an approval as well.

Has any other user ran into an issue with the aprroval system?

I dont know how I could check if it is working correctly either.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The issue with the reputation pop up is you need to click inside the "comment" field to post feedback. However even though the "I approve", "I disapprove" radio buttons are small, the entire length of the description field is "clickable" and easy to do without noticing that you have.

It happens once in a while, when it does let me know who got the bad rep and I will change it.

I just checked, you didn't leave him a negative. Since you have no rep yourself your rep power is 0, and when you leave rep it will show as gray instead of green on the person's control panel.

derek said, :
Since you have no rep yourself your rep power is 0, and when you leave rep it will show as gray instead of green on the person's control panel.

Thanks for that. As a new user and with over 60 years of 'sperience and only a couple posts here, I guess I will shut up 'till I have some 'speriance rep stuff.

Live long and prosper Grasshopper. Semper Fi!

How is that suppose to change where the box is.

Using either the mouse wheel or the light blue bar at the right side does nothing to change the positioin of the box where the rep is put into.

The box is under the gray area thats beside your avatar and cannot be accessed to put the date in the box unless the rep your trying to give is at the end / bottom of the whole thread.

ETA: after I made this post the box I would have given you rep in then sits under the top of my post.

Use the scroll bar to scroll down.

OK I finally got off my ass and captured this friggin thing that wont work 90% of the time when I try to leave someone rep.

Notice how the little blue rep box is under the post below the one Im trying to give rep for ?

GIVEREPPROBLEM.jpg

It doesn't happen to me, but the rep box pops either above or below the red line depending on the little star/badge icon's position on the page. Try scrolling to move the icon closer to the bottom of the page, and then click on it. In the screen cap above, I moved it so that the box would pop upward.

Or, like I said in post #8 above:

Use the scroll bar to scroll down.

What browser are you using? As Jim said scrolling might force the focus to the box.

IE and Firefox.

Problem solved, DOH that was it,

The button needs to be close to the bottom of the screen before its clicked.

It wasnt even the browser it was just a matter of what position the button is in when its pressed / clicked.

Jim wins the Cupie doll, thanks Jim

What browser are you using? As Jim said scrolling might force the focus to the box.

Last edited:
I changed the settings. People with very high reps would give people literally 1 or 2 new green boxes with one positive rep.

It doesn't happen to me, but the rep box pops either above or below the red line depending on the little star/badge icon's position on the page. Try scrolling to move the icon closer to the bottom of the page, and then click on it. In the screen cap above, I moved it so that the box would pop upward.

Or, like I said in post #8 above:

Happens to me once in a while. Scrolling does not help because the rep box is actually underneath the thread comment box. I have to refresh the page and click on the star again and it will appear properly. It seems to be an issue with the newest version of Vbullitin. One of the bass forums I am a member of some the posts in the thread get arbitrarily stacked on top of each other (like laying a sheet of paper on top of another) and a refresh is needed to put things back in threaded order.

In many browsers you have the ability to zoom in or out of the browser window. With my tired eyes it helps a lot. Generally ctrl and the "+" increases size, and ctrl and the "-" decreases size.

A few times I've found certain functions did not work properly. There was just weirdness on the screen. Then I realized I was zoomed in. Hitting ctrl and the "0" key (zero key) brings you back to normal size and things start working again properly.

Cheers,

Rich

In many browsers you have the ability to zoom in or out of the browser window. With my tired eyes it helps a lot. Generally ctrl and the "+" increases size, and ctrl and the "-" decreases size.

A few times I've found certain functions did not work properly. There was just weirdness on the screen. Then I realized I was zoomed in. Hitting ctrl and the "0" key (zero key) brings you back to normal size and things start working again properly.

Cheers,

Rich

Thats pretty cool, never knew that. Reps sent!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom