• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reputation in Notifications

Click on settings to see reputation points/comments. When a new one arrives, it shows under notifications. But you probably already know that...

I've seen it before, a notification mentioning "Reputation". I click on it and find....Nothing! What does this mean?

It merely means that the person who bumped your rep was approving your post without comment.

I see I have 7 points, is that good or bad,, are points a gold star? or are they demerits?

Rep points are good. Hover on the green box a couple of lines below your name. The text is a reflection of how many times your rep has been bumped.

I see I have 7 points, is that good or bad,, are points a gold star? or are they demerits?

If someone negatively reps you, which is rare on here, you'll get a red block next to the comment instead of a green or grey one. They don't mean anything though - some boards use a system where reps add up to ban you or something, on here I think if you are out of line a mod would PM you instead.

If someone negatively reps you, which is rare on here, you'll get a red block next to the comment instead of a green or grey one. They don't mean anything though - some boards use a system where reps add up to ban you or something, on here I think if you are out of line a mod would PM you instead.

The actual Reputation Comments themselves seem to disappear pretty much instantly.

Or it could be me.

Actually, as with many things, the answer as to the location of REPUTATION COMMENTS only becomes obvious after you know where to look.

Don't click on the little Green Jelly Beans and expect the Reputation Comments to appear.

Head over to SETTINGS.

They can be discovered there.

(A bizarre place to store them, IMHO)

I hope this helps someone.

It's a trap!

Never, ever use that phrase without using a pic:

iGTVR.jpg

OP is a rep-whore. [smile] But like giving reps so I gave you one anyways. [smile]

I've been here a couple/three years I think. They (you all) don't give out reps like the old days. You gotta say something really really stupid / or witty to get reps these days.

Derek is the only one that has repped me lately. I guess I'm a kiss-ass. [smile]

Hey speaking of bumping old threads and rep comments, I just got a rep from a thread I started almost 2 years ago. Better yet, the rep comment was a link to another thread where I commented and linked the original two year old thread. Rep comment inception.

Hey speaking of bumping old threads and rep comments, I just got a rep from a thread I started almost 2 years ago. Better yet, the rep comment was a link to another thread where I commented and linked the original two year old thread. Rep comment inception.

Mind Blown

I neg rep dick heads selling xds' glocks etc for 8-900$

Back
Top Bottom