reputation history

Hi,
I love recieving rep points from other users(and seeing where other people stand) as it lets me know who is good people/not.

It would be nice to know who left the good/bad feedback. I think this is a feature that is enableable via the forum software to display the username of the feedback leaver. As a whole I think the rep points left on this forum is of the "good" variety, and it would be nice to be able to thank people for the good rep.

i dont think thats going to be added on.
people here at NES take the reputation system out of context compared to other forums. often times people will intentionally not sign negative rep because when the person that received it finds out, they will bitch, cry and moan about it publicly on the board.

i would love to know who gives me rep though. i have many rep's added with good comments that were not signed.

FWIW, I sign almost all of my rep points. The only ones I don't sign are positive ones given in a hurry where I don't write a comment.

Question.

FWIW, I sign almost all of my rep points. The only ones I don't sign are positive ones given in a hurry where I don't write a comment.

Um, sorry, forgive my ignorance here. Does placing a comment idenify you?
I just gave NewShooter a rep point because I thought I had learned something from him and now I'm not sure. [thinking]

I sign my rep points.

Me too, but I have only given positive points. If I disagree with someone I prefer to address it in the thread, or in PM. Just because I may disagree with someone does not mean I don't respect them or the fact they have a different point of view.

If I did get pissed off enough to give a negative rep point I would sign it. I'm a tell it like it is kind of guy, both online and in person. I think the guys that work for me respect that. First few times reprimanding employees sucked, but if something needs to be said I'm not about to beat around the bush. It is the same way I would want to be treated. It is never fun hearing you f***ed up, or didn't do something right, but it won't help anyone by not addressing it.

I guess I started rambling here, but in short I hate when people don't man up and hide, whether it's behind someone else or behind a keyboard.

I also sign all my rep points given, but 99.9% of them are positive. The only times I've ever left negative rep points is when somebody is being purposely disruptive to the forum or is extremely abusive to somebody else. I would never leave a negative rep point just because I disagreed with somebody. In fact, a lot of my positive rep points go to people who I disagree with but who argue their point well.

I also sign all my rep points given, but 99.9% of them are positive. The only times I've ever left negative rep points is when somebody is being purposely disruptive to the forum or is extremely abusive to somebody else. I would never leave a negative rep point just because I disagreed with somebody. In fact, a lot of my positive rep points go to people who I disagree with but who argue their point well.

Oh yeah I sign your name as well [smile][wink]

i've only given ONE negative rep point.

-but I sign them all with (1) my handle or (2) my name for those who know me

Hi,
I love recieving rep points from other users(and seeing where other people stand) as it lets me know who is good people/not.

It would be nice to know who left the good/bad feedback. I think this is a feature that is enableable via the forum software to display the username of the feedback leaver. As a whole I think the rep points left on this forum is of the "good" variety, and it would be nice to be able to thank people for the good rep.

you have to add you're name. e.g. "your blah blah post really blah blah'd me - matt"

I always sign mine + or -. And noone ever bitched about neg reps I gave (not that I'd care because I only do it for really agregious posts.)

I sign all my negatives with my name and why I gave it. I usually sign my positives too. I'm so close to being a +3 person though :)

see matt, thats the thing...you don't HAVE TO...there are tools that alow it to be done without you having to manually add it.

Why are you pushing for a rule or a change in the non rocky boat? The rep system is like human nature, some will abuse it, others wont, and in the end good triumphs. You havent really given a great reason that I can see anyhow...

Why are you pushing for a rule or a change in the non rocky boat? The rep system is like human nature, some will abuse it, others wont, and in the end good triumphs. You havent really given a great reason that I can see anyhow...

no rule or change, just an addon to the forum software(or enable an option that is already there

If your looking for who left you + rep so that you may reciprocate I usually look at the time the rep point was left, then click the link to the post it was left for and check the times of the latest posts. More often than not there is a post time stamped almost identical the rep point. My guess is that this is your most likely suspect. I often + rep anonymously so that it doesn't look like I'm fishing for points, then sometimes I say screw it and put my screen name.

Shameless Plug For Points:
If you like this response feel free to add to my reputation.[wink]

I sign mine with my handle, e.g. "Thanks for posting. (mikem317)".

I've only handed out two negative rep points ever (and I think only one was here).

I'm just learning this rep point stuff. I didn't know enough to sign the first few I gave out. I've only given positive points. The ones I gave after I figured out that they'd be anonymous unless signed were usually like : "Good One - Zappa". The "-" didn't denote that I gave a negative point, I used it merely as a space between the text and the signature. Now that I know this, I'll use something else as a space character. For those that received them from me, sorry for mistakenly misleading you. The points were all positive.

rep pnts

sry for my ignorance on this, but where do you see how many rep points you have? i know the scale icon is how you give, but i don't see where it says how many you have

thx
garyz

Back
Top Bottom