I have noticed quite a few times that the Reply with quote is not the entire quote.
If someone uses someone else's quote,why can they remove or highlight the original quote to change its meaning.
Just wondering?
Mike

If someone uses someone else's quote,why can they remove or highlight the original quote to change its meaning.
Just wondering?

The forum would become a crapflood of garbage if you couldn't edit the quoted text. Sometimes it's only necessary to quote part of a person's post. Say, for example, someone posted something that I mostly agreed with, but I disagreed with one out of 10 comments they made... Instead of quoting their whole post, I just quote the one part...

One thing to keep in mind, it's not as if the reply-er has edited the person's original post. If those reading the thread want to see the original post, all they have to do is scroll/go back to read it.

-Mike

Helps avoid walls of text, and you look pretty silly if you really go crazy with editing, anyhow, as everyone can see it.

I get annoyed when someone starts a thread with 1+ pages of well-written text, and 5 minutes later the first reply comes in... it quotes the entire post, and puts a one line comment at the end. Why do people do that?? Do they think I somehow didn't read the first post 5 minutes earlier but somehow read theirs, and that I would not figure out what they are commenting on?

Back
Top Bottom