Replacement sights RIA 1911.

Purchased a RIA 9 mm from another member and am pleased withe the pistol except for the sights black rear and black front sight. Comparing the sights with my Ruger SR1911 that has a 3 dot setup and it looks like the cuts for the sights are the same.
I'm wondering if anyone has replaced the sights on their RIA 1911 without needing any machine work.

Order a fiber optic front sight and bring it to northeast arms in Peabody. They'll get it fitted for you in no time and at a very very low price. They did that for me on a Coonan 1911.

"Black on black" is the way God and JMB intended you to shoot. Don't mess with white dots, they just confuse your sight picture. When you get old and feeble like me you can justify a fiber optic front sight, but no dots.

Ordered both rear and front sight from Dawson with fiber optics on both.
Gammon it depends on your definition of old and feeble,had a hard time seeing the black on black sights hence the fiber optic sights.

Black on black can be tough if your range lighting isnt so bright. I like a black rear sight and either tritium or fiber optic up front.

Got the sights from Dawson,had them installed Sat at Northeast on route 1.
Big improvement over factor sights 3 dot fiber optic green rear and orange front. Hope to try the pistol in the near future.

Don't do anything to it by the time u get sights and pay to get them installed. Your into a different gun territory. In that price range save up for a Ruger. But no point to putting lipstick on a pig

Don't do anything to it by the time u get sights and pay to get them installed. Your into a different gun territory. In that price range save up for a Ruger. But no point to putting lipstick on a pig

OP already has a ruger. Did you even read?
A Ruger will benefit from an upgrade to Dawson sights just the same. My bet is the OP likes his new Dawson sights on the RIA so much, he will also get a set for his Ruger

Back
Top Bottom