Rep. Paul Heroux to Hold Public Forum to Discuss Gun Legislation in Attleboro

RockIt

Banned
In another thread:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...0001-close-letter-paul-heroux-legislator.html

I posted about recent emails with Dem Paul Heroux, State Representative from the Attleboro area. Briefly, it appeared that he was anti gun, but during further conversations with him, it has become apparent he is a representative that wants to hear both sides of the discussion before voting on anything.

"I know you (gun owners) are on the defensive and I'm doing my best to say that I'm one legislator who isn't knee jerk reacting to the recent shooting. Any proposed legislation must meet a standard for me: what is the evidence that it will work? The burden of proof is on the proponent of the legislation not me. I am a judge who will listen to the evidence and then vote with what I find to be fair to gun owners and to people who have a right not to get shot. But as I said, the burden of proof is on the proponent of the gun bill."

"I am going to have a forum open to the public on the gun legislation that is being discussed on Beacon Hill in Attleboro in a few weeks. I need to organize it. I am going to explain what has been proposed and where I stand on all of it. It will be open to the all of the public and I encourage you to tell other gun advocates about this event when I have it. More to come on that."

I would advise that anyone who lives in his district start thinking about attending the meeting. What you would like to say, and how you will say it. This is our chance to exercise those constitutional rights that we all hold so dearly.

Mr. Heroux is going to keep us/me informed about this forum, and I will post more when I receive the information.

I'm not in his district but close enough. I'd be happy to participate the said forum.

Hope I'm back in time for the meeting,, I attended a meeting he had about a week ago, very open and no gun bashing from the people in attendance.

ill stay tuned for a date on this. im interested in attending, and i think a few others on here would as well. i think anyone close to the district should try to make an appearance!

Back
Top Bottom