• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rep Nare Bells

I just sent the following email after reading the comment on the page referenced above. The subject line was "Please don't apologize".

Sir,

I will grant the remote possibility that your words were ill-timed, but they were dead on target. When faced with a violent person, the only defense is equal or superior force. Anyone who thinks it makes sense to hide in a corner in the fetal position praying is delusional if they think that will protect them. The only way to eliminate a threat is to STOP it, not "wish it away".

The simple fact is that the "Shelter in place" instructions given by the police and Federal authorities only perpetuate the liberal agenda of dependency on government, rather than the self-reliance our nation was founded on. I don't advocate vigilantes, I believe in due process. I also believe in our inalienable right to protect ourselves in our homes. I am certain that in the coming days there will be many new applications for "LTC's" in and around Boston. Sadly, we require a permission slip to exercise our rights here.

So while some may have been offended by your comment, I found it to be both cogent and timely. My only regret is that you felt compelled to apologize for having an opinion, and stating it. If I lived in Arkansas I can assure you that I would be voting for you.

Yours,

Lee Stein

Back
Top Bottom