• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Renewal question

Okay so tell me how much trouble I'm in. So I filed for a renewal for my license Class A unrestricted in a green town March 15th. I got my interview April 30th. Still waiting for a new license now that my old one expired July 6th. The problem is that in late April we decided to sell the house and it sold during the open house on the 1st weekend. We closed and moved out the end of June. The police department says they are mailing it to the address on the license will it be forwarded along with the rest of my mail or is this one of those things that they can't forward and is going to sit in limbo forever now.
And yes I have the paperwork all ready to send for my change of address as soon as the new license gets in.

I just worry because I think I remember seeing official type paperwork that says do not forward on the outside

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Talk to the issuing PD.

Explain that you're moving, and ask if you can pick it up in person.

I am just afraid that they will complain that since I'm not living in their area anymore I should cancel this and start from scratch in the new area with another $100 fee and excetera excetera

I think some of you folks are smoking the wrong sh^t.Now all you had to do was tell the Post Office in your old location to hold all your mail at the Post office.When your LTC arrives you just pick it up at the Post office ,then you can forward your mail to your new address.

Last edited:
I am just afraid that they will complain that since I'm not living in their area anymore I should cancel this and start from scratch in the new area with another $100 fee and excetera excetera

You know your PD best.

You paid your $, and started the process; if they're too cheap/spiteful to put it at the front desk for you to pick it up....well, that's just lame.

So you had the interview after you agreed to sell the house? Wasn't the time to deal with licensing stuff back then?!

So you had the interview after you agreed to sell the house? Wasn't the time to deal with licensing stuff back then?!

The problem was that I was assuming the house wouldn't be sold until late summer and license would come in 45 to 90 days. Both asumtions where wrong in the wrong directions

Can't notify anyone if my license is expired and I don't have the new one (or the new license number). Besides, I am already a felon, and the state is breaking the law with the delay... so I'm not to worried about it..

(All the guns are curently 'solely possessed' by my wife under her ltc in case any of the AG'S trolls are reading)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom