• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Renewal dues for MRA?

I must be mixed up. Got my renewal notice and it was $110 AND $50 for work time.. a total of $160. I didn't know this was the renewal rate. Seems high.

If you did not volunteer on the "Work Day" or otherwise build up 8 hours of work, you pay the $50. It is an incentive to come down and help out the club.

I think it sounds reasonable. Sure I'm one of the ones who works off my 8 hours several times over during the year, but if you think about everything you got in the last year it's a bargain.

In the last year alone there was a new porch, a new retaining wall, a new security system, a new classroom, Loeb and Pope were de-leaded, plus have you seen how brand-spanking new the berm looks on the Loeb? Plus the club has 24/7 access. If that's not worth approximately $.50 a day, then I don't know what is. [smile]

Yeah... I haven't been in a while but they should just send me a bill for a renewal at $160/yr since that's what they are unless you do some help.

I just need to decide if I want to stay there or try Riverside and/or Harvard... both of which are much further away but offer lots of action shooting and flexibility at the ranges (like drawing and shooting steel unsupervised).

Or just do all of them....

Tried the "do all of them" approach this year but now that I think dues are due all at once I'm going to have to make a choice between 24/7 indoor .308 (MRA) and daylight disneyland (Harvard). It's going to be very tough.

They messed up my bill and billed me for the extra $50. I called and they just told me to write a note on the bill.

Worth every penny!

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Yeah Marty must have been in a real hurry when he put these bills together. Ours doesn't add up. [thinking] But I love the MRA so I'll shut up and pay whatever they tell me to. [smile]

Wow... so if we go to the fun shoot we get to save $50 off our renewals!! That seems like a deal!

The majority of members do not volunteer (this used to be a requirement to join - no pay your way out of it) and of all of the types of volunteers we get there is the least opting for "office duty" so pretty much everyone automatically gets the $50 charge. There is a list from work day for everyone who showed up or you can get a director to vouch that you put in your eight - let them know in the office and off it comes (or send a note with payment).

Those that volunteer almost always put in more than the eight so it's not really just the money. For the rest, $50.00 divided by 8 = $6.25 an hour, perhaps they look at it as a (in)convienance fee.

Back
Top Bottom