• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Renaissance Steel Research Plates

http://renaissancesteelresearch.com/product/ready-ship-target-rst/

Figured I would pass this along. I was looking for a good setup for teaching that was portable. $150 shipped... I grabbed one. I liked the fact that I can run the plate, or run 1x2s with paper.

Should have it in a few days. I'll bump thread with impressions of it if anyone is interested after I get a few rounds on it.

It came in today. The plate seems ok. I'll get some rounds on it very shortly. The quality of the frame/base....? I'm not so sure about. I have NO IDEA what a good weld vs bad is, so I'll just post pics for people with experience. They look like they just threw it together. Time will tell.

uploadfromtaptalk1409275856420.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1409275866015.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1409275885855.jpg

I've had time to put a few hundred rounds onto this thing, and thought I would just update thread for everyone. I know it's not really steel target season, but... whatever. haha

It's taken about 4-500 pistol rounds. I used it for 2 days at an instructor conference, and guys shot it with all kinds of pistols. No issues from 7 yards out to 30 or so. I just put about 100 rounds of 223 on it from 50 yards yesterday, and there was no pitting or denting at all. I think I was shooting federal brass cased 55 grain, but I'll have to check. It's a good system for the price, and I'm glad I picked it up.

Back
Top Bottom