Removing Primer Pocket Crimp - A Study

I used the dillen super swager on a batch and sold it the next day. It may be fine for brass from the same lot but sucks on mixed headstamps. Weldon countersink is the only one I have used for yeare now. Leave the super swage for the kool-aid drinkers and be happy.

There are dozens or more varieties of countersinks on the market. Why that particular style of countersink? I am in the process of streamlining my military brass reloading process and this seems to be the last hurdle. I'm hoping to encounter some info that will convince me one way or the other.

I've never used a Weldon for brass, but I do use one at work from time to time. From my experience, your chips will be bigger since it only has one cutting surface, usually it's just one big curl of removed material. You'll have less chance of chatter, and they're pretty simple to sharpen by hand if you needed to.

I use a 6 flute countersink to cut the crimp out of my mil brass and it leaves annoyingly tiny slivers of brass all over my work area.

I used the dillen super swager on a batch and sold it the next day. It may be fine for brass from the same lot but sucks on mixed headstamps. Weldon countersink is the only one I have used for yeare now. Leave the super swage for the kool-aid drinkers and be happy.

+1. I have a Super Swager I'd love to sell. Tried the counter sink once and never used the swager again.

C'sink chucked up in my mini lathe. I grab a Tupperware bin, sit the lathe on there in front of the TV and remove while watching a show. 1-2sec per piece is all it takes. I haven't used the RCBS since my post above two years ago.

C'sink chucked up in my mini lathe. I grab a Tupperware bin, sit the lathe on there in front of the TV and remove while watching a show. 1-2sec per piece is all it takes. I haven't used the RCBS since my post above two years ago.

This but I also turned up holders so I can chuck up an endmill to size brass also.

Back
Top Bottom