Removing Paint off of AR

Do as Pilgrim said and if you want to work faster, just use a hairdryer for 2 or 3 minutes before apply the cleaner.

Ish.

Just ask Dench to clean it for you,paint should come right off.[smile]

ar.jpg

[rofl]

I should be done with the whole thing tonight. Thanks for the advice everyone. Gun cleaner is working great. I'll post pics when Im finished, thanks for all your help!

I removed duracoat with nearly 100% success using epoxy paint stripper. Regular paint stripper is not strong enough, but if you get the epoxy kind from Lowe's, I can attest that it works amazingly well. Just put the entire AR in a bath and let it soak for 10 minutes, then use a plastic bristle brush to rub it off.

The brand I used is JASCO Premium Professional grade that claims to remove epoxy.

did you try the way your site link said to? just curious in case i want to try it.

I did indeed use the link that I provided. I worked great. Im polishing up the gun now and will take pictures after and post them up. The "cloudiness" is pretty much gone. However, you can still notice it if you look very, very closely.

Alright, so sorry about the blur on some of the pictures. But the "cloud" you can still see in between some of the numbers and the hard to reach areas. I think it came out well, but I want to spend some more time removing the cloudiness. Enjoy and if you have any questions, let me know

IMG_7536.jpg

IMG_7537.jpg

IMG_7538.jpg

IMG_7542.jpg

IMG_7544.jpg

Back
Top Bottom