Removing Enfield No. 5 firing pin

I've been using the site you guys suggested for surplus rifles. I'm inspecting my new Enfield and am stumped on a disassembly step. In step #11 (http://www.surplusrifle.com/no5/boltdisassembly/index.asp) they suggest the use of a tool I've never seen before to remove the firing pin. Is this necessary? Is there something more common I may have in the tool box that may work? Thanks!

Buy one, it's well worth the money. Unless you are very skilled in tool making that it. The tool is a life saver when it comes to disassembling any SMLE bolt. Be sure to follow the directions carefully. There is a retaining screw that needs to be removed first or you will bend the tool.

Don't ask me how I know.

Gary

Gary, thanks for the advice brother! The surplus stuff is very new to me. I want to make sure this bad boy is good to go when I finally feel confidant enough to shoot it!

Here is a quick (small) photo of it!

DSC01668.jpg

Gary, thanks for the advice brother! The surplus stuff is very new to me. I want to make sure this bad boy is good to go when I finally feel confidant enough to shoot it!

Here is a quick (small) photo of it!

Looks good. I have one that looks just like that. All of the Enfields I've seen are very well made weapons. I haven't fired mine yet, but I plan to at some point.

Gary

I've broken quite a few Enfield firing pin removal tools but have never broken the one I made from a Craftsman quarter inch drive 7/32 socket:

7798d51b.jpg

Best home made gizmo I ever read about. I think it was from Surplus Rifle's site too. Just take your time with a dremel tool and file and you're good to go.

I've broken quite a few Enfield firing pin removal tools but have never broken the one I made from a Craftsman quarter inch drive 7/32 socket:

7798d51b.jpg

Best home made gizmo I ever read about. I think it was from Surplus Rifle's site too. Just take your time with a dremel tool and file and you're good to go.

Pretty cool. You should offer that as a low cost service to NES Members! <G>

Gary

Back
Top Bottom