Current C&R Processing Times 5/2022

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
I sent in my renewal last December and it finally came in today. When I called previously I was told that it was “still processing”. They did offer to send me a letter so I could still use it while it was in for renewal.

I can’t believe that it took four and a half months.

Bob

I've encountered long delays in the past, requested the letter and never received it.

I hould be getting the renewal app any day now, but I think it is already late. We'll see!

Mine lapsed so I started over. No big deal plus I get to roll my C&Rs into the personal collection and wipe the slate. Completed and sent in the paperwork. EZPZ.

Anyhow, a few weeks later I get this text from Discover card that a suspicious charge has been attempted and they took the liberty of declining a purchase at "FIREARMS EXPLOSIVES". I called the AFT and they said tough shit, wait for a letter from us and you can mail in a money order, we won't resubmit the transaction.

So eff the AFT for submitting transactions under the most retarded of vendor names that will likely get flagged by CC companies.
And eff the credit card companies for declining transactions without contacting me first.

Just did a renewal less then 40 days turn around and I forgot to answer my he question of how many guns I sold atf agent emailed me and just had me answer question. I did pay with a check.

Mine lapsed so I started over. No big deal plus I get to roll my C&Rs into the personal collection and wipe the slate. Completed and sent in the paperwork. EZPZ.

Anyhow, a few weeks later I get this text from Discover card that a suspicious charge has been attempted and they took the liberty of declining a purchase at "FIREARMS EXPLOSIVES". I called the AFT and they said tough shit, wait for a letter from us and you can mail in a money order, we won't resubmit the transaction.

So eff the AFT for submitting transactions under the most retarded of vendor names that will likely get flagged by CC companies.
And eff the credit card companies for declining transactions without contacting me first.

Only our government could be so inept.😃

This isn't new, its the same thing I saw on my cc statement years ago when I renewed. It was a discover card as well but it didn't get rejected. I laughed at the vendor name though since I knew what it had to be based on the $$ and name, but figured they probably freaked out when they saw it.

For u guys renewing....did u get notice or was it up to you to remind them ? Mine is up in August.
Got a mail reminder a few weeks ago, got it right back with the USPS, and got my renewal in the box this week! I was due in August. Fast, for once.

C&R FFLs are prohibited from using the FFL for "business", therefore no hours are required or should be listed. I don't know if the instructions for the form tell you what to do but I merely put "N/A" in spaces like that and I've had my C&R FFL since 1999 with no issues or push-back.

C&R FFLs are prohibited from using the FFL for "business", therefore no hours are required or should be listed. I don't know if the instructions for the form tell you what to do but I merely put "N/A" in spaces like that and I've had my C&R FFL since 1999 with no issues or push-back.

I write "COLLECTOR" across the hours section

Back
Top Bottom