Remington 1903-A3

Just picked up a 1943 Remington 1903-A3 from a member here. Can't wait to shoot her!
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Yeah, I was surprised at how light and easy-handling it is. Significantly lighter than my Garand and my 98K. Downside of that is of course....as I suspect....it's going to kick like a mule!

Thanks Pilgrim [grin]. From what I've seen, the FJA cartouche (Lt. Col. Frank J. Atwood inspection stamp) came on Remington stocks as well. Some info here: http://m1903.com/isstamps.htm

I haven't come across any parts yet that don't have the little "R" (Remington) stamped in it. Also, the serial number falls into the July-August of 1943 manufacture period, with the barrel dated "8-43" (August 1943) so it is possible (but who the hell knows) that it's the original. I'm not sure if the "RA" catouche near the "FJA" is from the original manufacture (Remington Arms) or if it is a Raritan Arsenal stamp, from a re-arsenal/rebuild. You can see it a little clearer in this pic:

Attachments

• 03a32.jpg
    03a32.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
It's nice that who ever sanded the stock did not take off all the cartouches. It looks like it went thru a rebuild, is the magazine cut off "R" marked? Should be a great shooter...

It's nice that who ever sanded the stock did not take off all the cartouches. It looks like it went thru a rebuild, is the magazine cut off "R" marked? Should be a great shooter...

Yes, the small "R" is stamped on the cut off switch. I'm hoping to find some range time within the next couple of weeks.

I've discovered that some stripper clips I had laying around for an 8mm Mauser variant...(I bought them for my k98 but they are too wide to fit in the clip guide)....work wonderfully in the '03.

Back
Top Bottom