• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remember back when.....

BONESTOCK

NES Member
This is just a basic post with a picture to help you remember back when there were better times. If only for a moment for what it is worth I hope it helps.

Attachments

• IMG_20200414_200235660.jpg
    IMG_20200414_200235660.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 13
I was born way after those days, but I do have a partially filled can of 2400 just like those metal ones above my reloading bench.

Slightly before my time,powders I was buying were in either cardboard or metal containers similar to the ready to go 2 cycle engine fuel.

I remember buying Winchester Super X 22 LR ammo for my Ruger 10/22 at Kmart with my paper FID slip..
A brick of 500 was $8.99 or so.
I'm old, but not that well aged!

View attachment 348321My one and only vintage shell box.
Sears ammo yup. I got a box of Sears brand 30-06 soft points at kittery trading post on the shelf that they sell trade in ammo. Still has the price sticker on it ......$3.96 for 20 rounds. It also has the Ted Williams signature on it. I forget what I paid for it but it was under $10. I have a photo of it somewhere but not on this device. I'll never shoot it it's just a cool to have box of ammo.

I also have an old round tin from Remington 22lr. The ones with the hunting scenes on them. I keep it above my reloading bench and toss my "mistakes" in it lol

nice, another thread to remind me how old i am...with photos! ok, i'll play. this is me shooting at my first ever bullseye match. i remember cause i had a malfunction that day...string broke.

1586953852579.png

8 years old. Flying repeatedly down a blind driveway-hill into the main drag of an apartment complex. It didn't occur to me that traffic might be moving. Almost got crushed. Stopped the stupidity immediately. LOL

As far as old ammo stuff, I've got a couple of boxes of 30-40 Krag my brother found in his house. It's either UMC or Western. NOT Rem or Win. I forget.

And I've got one of those high-velocity Peters. ;)

Back
Top Bottom