Reloading Rant

I've been loading ammo for about 20 years now. I've never had a gun blow up, yet... I used to do some interesting stuff kinda like taofledermaus on youtube. Since then, I've gotten into USPSA and was attracted to open division guns. I currently have my 9mm loads to be much beyond SAAMI specs to meet major power factor. I call it 9mm Magnum [smile]. my 115gr 9mm are doing 1500fps or faster. They make big boom and I love it!

I've been loading ammo for about 20 years now. I've never had a gun blow up, yet... I used to do some interesting stuff kinda like taofledermaus on youtube. Since then, I've gotten into USPSA and was attracted to open division guns. I currently have my 9mm loads to be much beyond SAAMI specs to meet major power factor. I call it 9mm Magnum [smile]. my 115gr 9mm are doing 1500fps or faster. They make big boom and I love it!

Careful...that's already taken.

I got your drift, you're loading for 9mm +P+P+P+P++PP...; just wanted you to be aware that there is an actual 9mm Magnum (45 Magnum and 10mm Magnum, too...).

Charles Bronson is probably the only guy that has one...

That idiots with no critical thinking skills are ****ing annoying.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Now I get your point. The world would be a much better place if everyone agreed with you and embraced your exalted code of behavior.

I do not think people being are lazy or careful about reloading when posting. My impression is that folks are simply looking to hear from likeminded people about something that interests them. I mean damn when I started reloading 6 or 7 years ago I knew exactly zero people who did it. No family or friends were into and if I mentioned it people looked at me funny. I think I learned to reload with Youtube and reading books. That was all I really needed and it was fun as hell. If I ever posted on a forum it was to see what other people thought and get some insight. I was looking for that whole "community" thing out there to see what other people had done. Maybe get some wisdom from some old gray haired guy. [grin]

But, I am a glass half full sorta person and I think the OP on this thread might not be. lol

Now I get your point. The world would be a much better place if everyone agreed with you and embraced your exalted code of behavior.
I'm not the OP. I had no point to make. I was commenting on his. Either way I stand by my statement. If you find it offensive I really couldn't care less. I never said anything about people needing to agree with me or behave in a manner I see fit. RIF.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reminds me of an algebra teacher I had freshman year in high school. He was a lousy teacher and never repeated anything. Who the F*** multiplies letters and subtracts symbols? If you asked him a question he'd get mad and accuse the questioner of not paying attention. Then his reply was always the standard, "If you don't understand see me after school for help." After school he'd have a classroom filled with more students than desks waiting for help...individually because he didn't want to teach a class again. He'd get to help maybe 6 or 7 students and the rest went ignored. Finally students just gave up. There weren't enough students in my class that understood what was going on to help the rest of us. Sophomore year, different teacher, emphasis on small steps and repetition until each step was mastered and everyone passed.
My point is some people need time to learn and become comfortable and confident. Some experts have a difficult time teaching what they know and get frustrated when a student doesn't learn quick enough or show the same rabid interest in the subject as the teacher. If you discourage questions from students you aren't a teacher at all. You aren't sharing your knowledge so you end up discouraging your students and they lose interest.

When I say "Lazy", I'm not talking about everybody that comes in and asks a question.

I'm referring to that special kind of poster that does zero reading or research, and comes in here and starts a thread saying, "I don't know anything about reloading but I want to do it. Tell me everything I need to buy and exactly how to do it."

You and me both, brother!

Edit: Argggh! Meant to add the comment I was responding to. Computers suck, I should know.

Last edited:
To the OP, if you get annoyed with posts here on NES, I suggest staying off reloading Facebook groups [laugh] I'm a member on a couple different groups and last night I saw a pretty bad post which could have been a troll post (one can only hope)...

4b1c9e55b9c6c8ce5b0bee421019ae0b.png

Back
Top Bottom