• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Registering our 'Assault Weapons'.....

So now that this is somehow a reality, I assume that like I detailed in this earlier thread regarding SBR'ing a pre-ban...

....they'll be re-purposing the DPS-414-C form from 2013-2014 to register our guns as 'assault weapons' again...if they don't come out with new ones. I was told by a gun store (that I trust) that there at least won't be a fee. Apparently no word as of yet as to when they'll start accepting applications. I bet this will go smoothly. Here is that form from 2013:

form-dps-414-c-assault-weapon-certificate-application-connecticut_print_big.png

Obviously, the only real part of the instructions that will apply this time is #1.

Last edited:
I found this floating around some "credible" local orginization newsletter.

"No 2023 Forms Available Yet
As of this writing, the state Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (DESPP) has not updated their forms for the 2023 so called "Assault Weapons" Ban or the magazine declaration. At this time, there is no action gun owners can take should they wish to register any firearms"

but I think of this way: register me once, shame on you; register me twice, shame on me; register me a third time: the state has failed.

I found this floating around some "credible" local orginization newsletter.

"No 2023 Forms Available Yet
As of this writing, the state Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (DESPP) has not updated their forms for the 2023 so called "Assault Weapons" Ban or the magazine declaration. At this time, there is no action gun owners can take should they wish to register any firearms"

but I think of this way: register me once, shame on you; register me twice, shame on me; register me a third time: the state has failed.
Yeah that's the other thing, they may be preparing brand new forms specific to this, which would make sense since the last ones were so specific to the 2013-2014 ban....even though they still used them up to today.

Last edited:
My bad. Thought you were talking about MA and the new proposed laws here
Understandable, but no - this is CT’s latest round of new laws. That which was legal now forbidden but grandfathered if you declare - via a process/firms that haven’t been defined/created yet.

Mire felons in waiting.

Wonder if they’ll allow non-residents to submit apps like they did last time. Good if you travel into CT.

Wonder if they’ll allow non-residents to submit apps like they did last time. Good if you travel into CT.

That brings to mind something I've been muddling around in the back of my mind for a bit. I have an AR down here that I declared in CT back in 2014 or so. I have the paperwork for it and I haven't modified it.

I have to make a quick run up to CT in the not too distant future to grab the last load of stuff from my storage unit. FOPA says that I can transport firearms through any state regardless of my status in that state, as long as I'm legal in my origin and destination.

I have a GA resident weapons permit and a CT non-resident weapons permit. The firearm's legal in GA and in CT.

I'm thinking that I could toss that AR, ("locked"), into the back of my truck and take it with me. It's a piece of crap compared to the other AR's that I've built/bought down here, but it's still better than a pistol.

Side note - it's actually not a bad firearm, just hamstrung by CT "evil feature" laws. No muzzle brake, fixed stock.

That brings to mind something I've been muddling around in the back of my mind for a bit. I have an AR down here that I declared in CT back in 2014 or so. I have the paperwork for it and I haven't modified it.

I have to make a quick run up to CT in the not too distant future to grab the last load of stuff from my storage unit. FOPA says that I can transport firearms through any state regardless of my status in that state, as long as I'm legal in my origin and destination.

I have a GA resident weapons permit and a CT non-resident weapons permit. The firearm's legal in GA and in CT.

I'm thinking that I could toss that AR, ("locked"), into the back of my truck and take it with me. It's a piece of crap compared to the other AR's that I've built/bought down here, but it's still better than a pistol.

Side note - it's actually not a bad firearm, just hamstrung by CT "evil feature" laws. No muzzle brake, fixed stock.
Confirm with SFLU (there’s emails out there somewhere) but from what I recall, once it’s registered you can have all the evil features just like a pre-ban.

Back
Top Bottom