Record Keeping (inventory etc.)

I did a search for this, but didn't turn up anything with the keywords I tried.

Anyway, Im working on setting up all of my purchases and sales in electronic form. Up until this point, its all just a bunch of reciepts filed away, which I plan on keeping, however I wanted something more complete to reference/update quickly.

Thus far, it looks like this:

Purchases

Make, Model, Caliber, Description, Serial #, Seller, Purchase Date

Sales

Make, Model, Caliber, Description, Serial #, Transfer Type, Buyer

In the description I list the color, action, pistol/rifle etc, and anything particular, IE stripped lower. For Seller/Buyer I include full name/store name, address at time of sale/purchase, and a contact number.

Is there anything Im missing that would/could be of use? Im open to suggestions. I plan on keeping a hard copy with me (in my range box), a hard copy on file, as well as multiple electronic copies.

Perhaps this would be something good to sticky somewhere, and if anyone is interested I can post a copy in MS Word format.

-Coop

look for a thread started by underwhere

he post a nice spreadsheet in excel 2003 and an idential version in excel 2007

had formulas and the whole nine. i use something similar with three worksheets, one is almostical to the one GOAL sends out, the second tracks my rounds fired and the third has my ammo.

it's kinda no frills, minimal formulas. if you want it, e-mail me and i'll send it to you.

and of course, i have a binder with all my FA 10's and receipts... -gotta love MA.

I use the "Old School" method;
Two three ring binders, one as a bound book for my C&R items (as required by law.) and another binder for everything else.

I use "My Gun Collection" software. Does all what you listed and more. It tracks C&Rs too.

Back
Top Bottom