Recommendation Please For Indoor Range with Automated Targets

Good afternoon everyone. I would like to know if anyone can recommend a range that has an indoor facility with an automated target. I live in Acushnet, MA and was a member of The Rod & Gun club of New Bedford and they have an indoor range, but the targets are not adjustable. I loved the outdoor ranges they have but now with the Winter here, I find I don't go b/c I don't like the indoor range. I am looking for one that is adjustable so that I can get my wife to shoot more with me and keep the target distance reasonable.

Any information about the range if your a member is appreciated.

Thanks!
JEFF

Probably to far for you but Mass Rifle in Woburn has the Loeb indoor range. 75 feet, but you can also shoot at 50 and 30'. The carriers are electric motor driven. No hand cranking. Rifle must be shot at 75'. Otherwise handguns can shoot at any of the intermediate distances. There may be some other details for rimfire but I can't recall right now.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you everyone for the replies. My definition of automated is a target that I can adjust at the push of a button. I took a ride to Mass Firearms School and their new indoor range is awesome. I was able to adjust the target distance at the push of a button. I am trying to stay within a 30 minute hop from my house to the range.

Thanks!
Jeff

Taunton has 2 nice indoor ranges, but hand crank and min distance line is about 25'.

I think Wankinquoah in Middleborough has automated target, I've never been there but heard its nice. I was told its one of the few OSHA approved ranges because of there ventilation and safety system

Last edited:
Taunton has 2 nice indoor ranges, but hand crank and min distance line is about 25'.

I think Wankinquoah in Middleborough has automated target, I've never been there but heard its nice. I was told its one of the few OSHA approved ranges because of there ventilation and safety system

Hand crank is not a problem honestly. Is there a web site for the Taunton range?

Thanks!
Jeff

MFS in North ATtleboro is nice, but can get expensive quick.

Taunton minimum distance on the indoor range is 25'. And, to keep it short and sweet as I could easily make a 5 page story out of this, super nice people there too. And, what's not to love about 24 hr access to a range?

Depends on where you are coming from in Acushnet, but even taking 18 all the way up to 44, then east on 44 to the indoor range, all backroads, would be under 1 hour.

Plenty of people on here, ( including me for 1 year now ) that are members and would be willing to show you around.

Last edited:
Plymouth has nice facilities, indoor and out. Indoor 24/7, 21' minimum out to 50'. Might be a little far though. If you want to check it out, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MFS in North ATtleboro is nice, but can get expensive quick.

Taunton minimum distance on the indoor range is 25'. And, to keep it short and sweet as I could easily make a 5 page story out of this, super nice people there too. And, what's not to love about 24 hr access to a range?

Depends on where you are coming from in Acushnet, but even taking 18 all the way up to 44, then east on 44 to the indoor range, all backroads, would be under 1 hour.

Plenty of people on here, ( including me for 1 year now ) that are members and would be willing to show you around.

Thank you for the info. I am in Acushnet but very close to New Bedford (Acushnet Ave 300 block). I had not yet map quested a route as of yet. I am really trying to keep it under a 30 minute ride but it appears no dice. Bummer but if it's worth the ride I may consider it. I would like to at least see the range to make an informed decision. It would be nice to meet someone from the club to show me around. If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for your first year, including initiation fees and what ever else they require?

Thanks!
Jeff

I am going to see if I can take a ride out there this coming weekend.

Thanks!
Jeff

Its a good club, definitely under a half hour. My spare time is scarce these days so I usually go on a week nite around 8-9pm.

If you want I can shoot you a pm in advance next time I go if you wanna check it out

Its a good club, definitely under a half hour. My spare time is scarce these days so I usually go on a week nite around 8-9pm.

If you want I can shoot you a pm in advance next time I go if you wanna check it out

If you don't mind I would appreciate it... I'm going to PM you my cell phone #...

Thanks!
Jeff

You definitely want a club near you so you can go blasting in the evening of those bad days at work. Ha. I saw you were talking about some of the other places that just have pistol ranges. Im not sure if you are new to shooting but If you are I would advise looking into a gun club or sportsmens club. Right now you may be into pistols but I can almost guarantee you will eventually be trying other stuff like rifles and shotguns. Also, shooting outdoors is really fun when its nice out. Find a club that has both indoor and outdoor if you can. Good luck.

You definitely want a club near you so you can go blasting in the evening of those bad days at work. Ha. I saw you were talking about some of the other places that just have pistol ranges. Im not sure if you are new to shooting but If you are I would advise looking into a gun club or sportsmens club. Right now you may be into pistols but I can almost guarantee you will eventually be trying other stuff like rifles and shotguns. Also, shooting outdoors is really fun when its nice out. Find a club that has both indoor and outdoor if you can. Good luck.

Hi and thank you for the reply. I am not new to shooting and I was a member of a club for a few years. I am just looking for a new place where I can shoot in the Winter time with my wife. I love shooting outdoors! I am only a pistol shooter right now because of funding. In any event I appreciate your reply.

Thanks!
Jeff

Yes, AFS , thought it was Mass Firearms School. Nice facility, but go there a couple times and you've already paid for a years membership to a club.

Drell- without going to the website, I think it was under $200 initially. $125 per year after that. For under $.50 a day, there really is no better deal out there ( that goes for any club). If I can spend $1.00 in gas, $10 in ammo, and $8 in coffee, and let my GF tag along, I'd say its a cheap date [smile]

If you don't meet up with AM13, feel free to send me a pm.

Yes, AFS , thought it was Mass Firearms School. Nice facility, but go there a couple times and you've already paid for a years membership to a club.

Drell- without going to the website, I think it was under $200 initially. $125 per year after that. For under $.50 a day, there really is no better deal out there ( that goes for any club). If I can spend $1.00 in gas, $10 in ammo, and $8 in coffee, and let my GF tag along, I'd say its a cheap date [smile]

If you don't meet up with AM13, feel free to send me a pm.

You have a great idea on date night! LOL! Anyway I will send you a PM like I did AM13. I would like to go very soon to check the place out and know exactly the dollar amount.

Thank you for the offer!
Jeff

Wankinquoah Rod & Gun Club in Middleboro is what you're looking for. They have a club meeting to vote new members in on Tuesday February 4th. If you get an application in before then, you could be using the range by next week. The range is only a couple years old and the targets are adjustable from 15 feet (?) out to 75 feet. It's very nice there, but a little high on the dues. They have a website, but it's a little tough to navigate. PM me if you want particulars. You should be able to get to South Middleboro in under a half hour from where you live.

Back
Top Bottom