• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recommend any ammo?

Need some help here.

Love my new 340 s/c 12.0 oz .357 revolver. Easily shoots silvertips, but had an issue with non jacketed (actually semi jacketed) ammo. The issue was that after 5 rounds of so called target ammo (made in the great Czech Republic) the cases became jammed in the cylinder and I had to force them out with a little love and a screwdriver. I wouldn't have bought the ammo if I knew it wasn't American made, but I just grabbed a box of self defense and the clerk gave me a box of target sh#@. Since I am new to this revolver any feedback from the group as to what you use in your airweight for target practice would be very helpful, I'm thinking FMJ but I don't believe I've ever seen .357 in FMJ. I am comfortable with the magnum recoil and don't want any .38 recommendations, just .357's if you could.

Thanks,
Dennis

Need some help here.

Love my new 340 s/c 12.0 oz .357 revolver. Easily shoots silvertips, but had an issue with non jacketed (actually semi jacketed) ammo. The issue was that after 5 rounds of so called target ammo (made in the great Czech Republic) the cases became jammed in the cylinder and I had to force them out with a little love and a screwdriver. I wouldn't have bought the ammo if I knew it wasn't American made, but I just grabbed a box of self defense and the clerk gave me a box of target sh#@. Since I am new to this revolver any feedback from the group as to what you use in your airweight for target practice would be very helpful, I'm thinking FMJ but I don't believe I've ever seen .357 in FMJ. I am comfortable with the magnum recoil and don't want any .38 recommendations, just .357's if you could.

Thanks,
Dennis

Congrats on the new gun. I love the Walther line but it is very picky on ammo and not a pleasant gun to shoot with the wrong ones. I wish I could provide more help then "I can feel your pain" but I know the Walther issue is about FMJ and bullet weight. I hope that helps.

Sounds like you are having fun with Sellier and Bellot. Try a different brand of ammo. Back when I shot factory .357 I used the
cheapo independence brand 158 grain JSP loading with good results.

-Mike

For practice, there are plenty of FMJ .357 Mag out there. Fiocchi, Winchester, look around, you will find some. For defensive use, I go with Golddots or Corbon.

I use winchester FMJ in my .357, with no problems. When I first got it I had trouble with the cases getting stuck. I just cleaned it up real good and has been fine since.

Back
Top Bottom