RECOIL Magazine

Lord0fWar

NES Member
In case you haven't heard, the latest issue of RECOIL magazine stated that:

"...the MP7A1 is unavailable to civilians and for good reason. We all know that’s technology no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on. This is a purpose-built weapon with no sporting applications to speak of."

So essentially, a magazine that took the firearms industry by storm is also now apparently Anti-Gun. Congratulations Recoil for giving fuel to the antis and for not realizing that the Second Amendment doesn't define the keeping of arms for "sporting purposes only".

MP7A1_REMOV.jpg

Yup, seems like something only ATF and cops need to make sure they kill as many civilians as possible.

Just sent

So when does the Second Amendment limit the type gun you own?

"the MP7A1 is unavailable to civilians and for good reason. We all know that’s technology no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on. This is a purpose-built weapon with no sporting applications to speak of"

I'm done. Goodbye.

You are all over the gun boards. I think you just lost a large audience. If you last another year, I'll be surprised.

--
A good paragraph should be like a short skirt - long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep your attention.

Last edited:
whats their email so i can mail them fudds?

also, anyone have a link to that article?

Last edited:
Dench, I believe it was taken down...here's the editor's response

RECOIL Hey guys, this is Jerry Tsai, Editor of RECOIL. I think I need to jump in here and clarify what I wrote in the MP7A1 article. It looks like I may not have stated my point clearly enough in that line that is quoted up above. Let's be clear, neither RECOIL nor I are taking the stance on what should or should not be made available on the commercial market although I can see how what was written can be confused as such.

Because we don't want anything to be taken out of context, let's complete that quote and read the entire paragraph:

"Like we mentioned before, the MP7A1 is unavailable to civilians and for good reason. We all know that’s technology no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on. This is a purpose-built weapon with no sporting applications to speak of. It is made to put down scumbags, and that’s it. Mike Cabrera of Heckler & Koch Law Enforcement Sales and veteran law enforcement officer with SWAT unit experience points out that this is a gun that you do not want in the wrong, slimy hands. It comes with semi-automatic and full-auto firing modes only. Its overall size places it between a handgun and submachine gun. Its assault rifle capabilities and small size make this a serious weapon that should not be taken lightly."

Let' also review why this gun should not be taken lightly. In the article it was stated that the MP7A1 is a slightly larger than handgun sized machine-gun that can be accurately fired and penetrate Soviet style body armor at more than 300 yards. In the wrong hands, that's a bad day for the good guys.

As readers of RECOIL, we all agree that we love bad-ass hardware, there's no question about that. I believe that in a perfect world, all of us should have access to every kind of gadget that we desire. Believe me, being a civvie myself, I'd love to be able to get my hands on an MP7A1 of my own regardless of its stated purpose, but unfortunately the reality is that it isn't available to us. As a fellow enthusiast, I know how frustrating it is to want something only to be denied it.

Its manufacturer has not made the gun available to the general public and when we asked if it would ever come to the commercial market, they replied that it is strictly a military and law enforcement weapon, adding that there are no sporting applications for it. Is it wrong that HK decided against selling a full-auto pocket sized machine gun that can penetrate armor from hundreds of yards away? It's their decision to make and their decision they have to live with not mine nor anybody else's.

I accepted their answer for what it was out of respect for those serving in uniform. I believe that we as gun enthusiasts should respect our brothers in law enforcement, agency work and the military and also keep them out of harms way. Like HK, I wouldn't want to see one of these slip into the wrong hands either. Whether or not you agree with this is fine. I am compelled to explain a point that I was trying to make that may have not been clear.

Thanks for reading,
- JT, Editor, RECOIL

Dench, I believe it was taken down...here's the editor's response

RECOIL Hey guys, this is Jerry Tsai, Editor of RECOIL. I think I need to jump in here and clarify what I wrote in the MP7A1 article. It looks like I may not have stated my point clearly enough in that line that is quoted up above. Let's be clear, neither RECOIL nor I are taking the stance on what should or should not be made available on the commercial market although I can see how what was written can be confused as such.

Because we don't want anything to be taken out of context, let's complete that quote and read the entire paragraph:

"Like we mentioned before, the MP7A1 is unavailable to civilians and for good reason. We all know that’s technology no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on. This is a purpose-built weapon with no sporting applications to speak of. It is made to put down scumbags, and that’s it. Mike Cabrera of Heckler & Koch Law Enforcement Sales and veteran law enforcement officer with SWAT unit experience points out that this is a gun that you do not want in the wrong, slimy hands. It comes with semi-automatic and full-auto firing modes only. Its overall size places it between a handgun and submachine gun. Its assault rifle capabilities and small size make this a serious weapon that should not be taken lightly."

Let' also review why this gun should not be taken lightly. In the article it was stated that the MP7A1 is a slightly larger than handgun sized machine-gun that can be accurately fired and penetrate Soviet style body armor at more than 300 yards. In the wrong hands, that's a bad day for the good guys.

As readers of RECOIL, we all agree that we love bad-ass hardware, there's no question about that. I believe that in a perfect world, all of us should have access to every kind of gadget that we desire. Believe me, being a civvie myself, I'd love to be able to get my hands on an MP7A1 of my own regardless of its stated purpose, but unfortunately the reality is that it isn't available to us. As a fellow enthusiast, I know how frustrating it is to want something only to be denied it.

Its manufacturer has not made the gun available to the general public and when we asked if it would ever come to the commercial market, they replied that it is strictly a military and law enforcement weapon, adding that there are no sporting applications for it. Is it wrong that HK decided against selling a full-auto pocket sized machine gun that can penetrate armor from hundreds of yards away? It's their decision to make and their decision they have to live with not mine nor anybody else's.

I accepted their answer for what it was out of respect for those serving in uniform. I believe that we as gun enthusiasts should respect our brothers in law enforcement, agency work and the military and also keep them out of harms way. Like HK, I wouldn't want to see one of these slip into the wrong hands either. Whether or not you agree with this is fine. I am compelled to explain a point that I was trying to make that may have not been clear.

Thanks for reading,
- JT, Editor, RECOIL

Lets ship that guy a shovel so he can dig his FUDD ass in a little deeper.

the Police are the wrong hands. dickhead.

Let's be clear, neither RECOIL nor I are taking the stance on what should or should not be made available on the commercial market although I can see how what was written can be confused as such.

There's zero confusion. Stating that the "MP7A1 is a slightly larger than handgun sized machine-gun that can be accurately fired and penetrate Soviet style body armor at more than 300 yards. In the wrong hands, that's a bad day for the good guys" makes no sense. ANY firearm in the hands of a bad guy is a bad day for the "good guys."

They're Fudds, plain and simple.

Sent this:

Hey, in regards to your anti 2A stance on NFA weapons (the MP7 quote):

Oh yes, the police. Responsible for such memorable hits as "The holocauast," "The Great Purge" in the Soviet Union (Pick your favorite one!), and even as recently as "The Bosnian Genocide."

The Police are definitely on our side!

You people are loser FUDDs who do not understand 2A.

lets take a look at the FUDDY in that quote I thought it was entertaining

Ok, so 1st step off the D' sucking fan boy wagon of the 4.6×30mm. Hey look! Theres a solution looking for a problem!!! BAM! the 4.6×30mm was born.

Oh yeah, back to "Soviet style body armor" (whatever the **** that means). You know, when I was like, in this organization called "the Army," we had this ****ing thing, man... what was it called? Oh yeah the M240B. That thing can go through "Soviet style body armor" too! OH COOL! man, what was the name of that gun that our Eastern European allies carried? ummm, oh wait! yeah, the PKM! 7.62x54mmR can burn through "Soviet style body armor" also.

I have a sneaking suspcision that 5.56x45mm hitting "Soviet style body armor" isnt going to be much different than 5.7 wannabe 4.6. Oh, thats right the Germans made the 4.6, "you know the Germans make good stuff!" - Shamwow guy.

Last edited:
I just found this picture of the Soviet-style body armor that this guy is talking about:

cocktailchallenge.jpg

This is what happens when non-gun people/grown-up airsoft fanboys put together a gun magazine. I'll bet to you guys, guns are merely a cool hobby, like import cars. To your target demographic, however, the 2nd Amendment is a way of life. You just shit all over those people in one statement. Way to show your true colors, Recoil. I'd wager there are many people at your magazine who don't even understand why your customers are so pissed off.

win!

Back
Top Bottom