• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recieved my FOODSAVER today!!! WOOHOOO!!!

THEFAN

Banned
MODEL V2830 Well, the day finally came. Bought a foodsaver on-line and finally recieved it today. The thing was saving me money as soon as I bought it. Saved on shipping, free shipping. Cool there and the next one no sales tax, for now.

So I bagged some porkchops into meals from a whole prok loin and WOW!!! This thing is great. I'm looking forward to do the canister set up. If anyone ha thought about getting I recommend it. Tommorrow we are going to start bagging rice and beans :) Don

Last edited:
I love my foodsaver as well. only complaint is the cost of foodsaver brand bags. I found some thinner bags at about 1/3 the cost. they work just as well so far. if interested I can dig up a link.

I have one, it's awesome. I think for the first day I had it, I was running around vacuum sealing everything I could fit in a bag.

It' really is amazing how much longer food stays fresh when you keep the air out.

I love my foodsaver as well. only complaint is the cost of foodsaver brand bags. I found some thinner bags at about 1/3 the cost. they work just as well so far. if interested I can dig up a link.

They are a little pricey but I figure still worth it in the long run. I would love to have the lisnk. Money saved is money saved for other goodies to save more money. Thank you

I'm on another website that hopefully I can do some trading for bags aswell. Especially for stuff I haven't paid much for. I like the canister idea. I'm going to try and do some today. Don [smile]

I have had the Foodsaver for a few years now, and still use it all the time. I use it alot for camping. It is also great for long Motorcycle trips. If you vacume pack all your clothes, you save alot of room the saddle bags, and they stay dry even in the worst rain. But remember once you take the clothes out of the bag they expand, and you might not get the stuff back in so I pack my old ratty socks and underwear for bike trips and throw them out ever day to save room. We also have the canisters in the kitchen, they are ok, but tend to loose the seal after a while. But are great for keeping frequently used dry goods fresh on the counter.

MODEL V2830 Well, the day finally came. Bought a foodsaver on-line and finally recieved it today. The thing was saving me money as soon as I bought it. Saved on shipping, free shipping. Cool there and the next one no sales tax, for now.

So I bagged some porkchops into meals from a whole prok loin and WOW!!! This thing is great. I'm looking forward to do the canister set up. If anyone ha thought about getting I recommend it. Tommorrow we are going to start bagging rice and beans :) Don

Where did you get it?

Note, rice tends to poke microscopic holes in the bags, so don't use them for long term storage.

I have had mixed luck with long term storage, about 20% or more of the time the bags leak over a year or two.

But it's good for putting stuff in the freezer.

Note, rice tends to poke microscopic holes in the bags, so don't use them for long term storage.

I have had mixed luck with long term storage, about 20% or more of the time the bags leak over a year or two.

But it's good for putting stuff in the freezer.

Freezing will be the primary use. I just got done doing some canisters. did crackers and flour. I am going to use the canisters for items we use on a regular basis. My wife bakes alot and I love to cook. so they will come in handy. I will use buckets for the long term bulk items. I have done a lot of reading on this item from other websites ad from what I can see and notice there is a trial and error on what you vacuum.

JAXON: I actually bought it off ebay new. v2830 model with 2 bag rolls ad 2 canisters for I believe 80.00 with free shipping. I wil try and get the auction. http://www.foodsaver.com/ had a really nice deal with a coupon. 40% off and I am trying to dig that up too. The deal was 40% aswell as 100.00 or more you get feee shipping but this was around Christmas. A lady on glokctalk had the code for the coupon. I'm looking right now. Thanks Don
Found it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160306995710
I bought this one. Shipping was fast and packing was great UPS shipped. I might consider the V2860 model next time around

Last edited:
Thanks for the review!

Has anyone vacuum packed polar fleece or other clothing? And does it recover well from extended times being compressed? I'm thinking of it for a ready bag in the car.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks for the review!

Has anyone vacuum packed polar fleece or other clothing? And does it recover well from extended times being compressed? I'm thinking of it for a ready bag in the car.

Thanks,
Matt

You won't look neatly pressed but it'll be fine.

http://vacmesh.com/

I ordered the 6x10 in 3.5mil they shipped out very fast had them in like 2 days...

My current usage is for oatmeal breakfast. I put 1/2cup of oatmeal,cinnamon,dried fruit, splenda,salt in a vacuum bag and make a few months up so its a "quick and easy" healthy breakfast also add alittle flaxseed in the morning.

So far so good with these bags.. Also have been using them in the fridge for just general stuff, cheese,onions, etc..

Back
Top Bottom