Reasons for application

I hope they give it to you based on ALP. I had a non resident for years and I do recall on one occasion they gave it back to me and asked me to state specific reasons why

Bruen says no reason needed...and its a renewal of a currently unrestricted...which all LTCs are now I believe. Should take that line right off the form.
If there is an off chance they'll reject I hope they do it quickly. Hate to be caught in that "Send it back to us" up against and expiration.

I remember the good old days of "protection of life and property" but for some reason that went the way of the Dodo bird, iirc there was some concern about the legality of shooting to protect property, and that it could be interpreted to exclude "hunting and target"

Unfortunately, under Bruen they can still ask, but unless you put town that you want it to commit a crime or hurt yourself, they can't use any reason against you WRT "suitability" as Bruen affirms the God given right to protect yourself outside your home with a firearm

If “all lawful purposes” isn’t accepted then just individually list everything you can think of that it consists of.

That’s what I did for a renewal.

Lawyerly:
"to own and carry firearms in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth"

Deep down in your heart as the ghost of George Washington and a million bald eagles smile upon you:
"FOR FIGHTING TYRANTS & COMMIES!"

My wife is applying for her LTC (finally). The application asks for reasons for issuance and has language that says All Lawful Purposes won't be acceptable. Not sure if this is older language on an application form that can be ignored, if recent legal challenges have changed anything, or what. I told her to just put ALP on the app, but she is a "rule follower" and doesn't want to get rejected or delayed.

What should I tell her to put on the application? She wants to be able to carry unrestricted. Lives in what I thought was a green town. Works in a mill town with high crime.

View attachment 796047
Put down all firearm usage activities that are legal in nature. Or some such variation.

Or “concealed carry” since if they restrict you to CC, that’s not really a restriction, right?

Back
Top Bottom