• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Real-world reloading rates with various presses

With ANY PRESS, the faster you TRY to go, the more your quality will suffer.

Please..........

Go as slow as you need to go to assure that your quality is where it needs to be.
Forget published production rates.

Just make GOOD AMMO!

This thread almost sounds like bragging rights like how much horsepower does your engine have... agree 100% Duke. What' s the hurry?

This thread almost sounds like bragging rights like how much horsepower does your engine have... agree 100% Duke. What' s the hurry?

I went to the range to practice this afternoon and used 250 rounds. Between work, commuting, etc., I don't have hours to spend reloading that brass.

The "rate" is the same thing as the "rate" a full-auto can fire - yeah, it's 600 rounds a minute, but you don't have a 600-round magazine in your Tommy gun.

As stated above, don't go so fast that you let quality suffer.

My son can work the press faster than he does.....but he goes more slowly, to keep an eye on things.

Unless the zombies are half way through the window, slow down, and keep it "right".

Please..........

Go as slow as you need to go to assure that your quality is where it needs to be.

Just make GOOD AMMO!

All day long. This.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

I just made 100 rounds of .40 in 6 minutes 16 seconds on a 550 with casefeeder. It's a little bit faster than I usually go if I were loading 500 in a session, but perfectly comfortable.

I would give a truckstop blow job to someone who could get my LnL to consistently go 100 rounds without a ****up of some kind.

Is your LNL bolted to a huge bunch and perfectly level? I used to have issues, but built a bench out of glued and screwed 4x4s, shimmed it to level and used 3/8" bolts to hold the press down. It functions flawlessly now.

Chris

I agree with those that want to spend less time in the loading room and more time on the range.
I am a firm believer in any gadget (like case feeders and bullet feeders) that will get the job done quicker.

I think published productions rates and/or feed back from the end user is very important for someone researching which machine to buy.

If someone is in the market for a machine capable of loading 1000+ rounds an hour they will know to buy a Dillon 1050 and not a Dillon 650.

Trying to push the limits of the machine and being sloppy with reloading is just stupid.

The automatic primer tube filler speeds things up and makes primer tube filling a non issue. As for speed I have a 1050 and 650. Could do about 1800 rounds per hour with two bullet feeders using both hands and my camelpac for hydration along with my wife to wipe my brow and load the primers. She could also be my cheer leader while I laod away.

If speed was all I cared about...

I have been shooting 9mm loaded on my 1050 almost exclusively for the last three years in USPSA Production division. For all this time my Dillon 550 set up in 40 has lain dormant. I decided to shoot a 40 in the NB steel match tomorrow and fired up the 550 last week. It kicked out 600 rounds without a hitch.

PS The machine did not produce 600 rounds in one hour, my normal production rate is more like 400. My point was that the 550 would function just fine after sitting for a couple of years with no maintenence..

Please..........

Just make GOOD AMMO!

When learning the drums as a teenager, my teacher told me to always be on a quest for perfection and control. Your speed will come, but never work on speed, or else you will lose quality and control.

Back
Top Bottom