• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Real stick fighting

jmjkd

Instructor
In my younger days I use to train with these nuts, today they are known as the Dog Brothers. the pres is an old friend and training partner This stuff will put hear on your chest. I don’t train like this anymore, we only go about %50 of the intensity. I really miss this hard training …..kinda :cool:
any takers????? I can hook you up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVhZBDgcUxQ

Lessons learned:

1. The fight you train for is not necessarily the fight you will encounter.
1.a) The best plan ever devised turns to shit upon first contact with the enemy.
2. Determination beats skill, every time.

KB there is truth to your words. IMHO it's good for someone to at least try this once in their life. You don't have to be so extreme, but this training can prepare you to defend yourself in an unpredictable way and you can find a stick anywhere. %75 of most Martial Art schools teach (Forms, kata) %24 teach MMA, but far and few between teach weapons and teach how to actually fight.
1.Firearms
2.Edged weapons
3.Stick fighting
4.MMA
5.Primitive living skills with a good amount of prepping and you are ready for the BIG ONE….:cool:

I hope it never happens

How does one "start" in something like this? Do you just dive in and take your lumps or are there training opportunities?

I participated in this class today. For 6 hours I learned a ton of new things and left a better man than what I went in. Very valuable lessons for a SHTF scenario. Stocking up is fine, but almost everything one needs can be improvised as I found out. And you have to be able to guard it and defend it, and work stealthily with friends. I also had a good workout from the stick fighting. I came back covered in dirt and grass. It was like being a kid again. I met some nice people today too, and I will absolutely attend more of these classes as they come up. And it was inexpensive... like $65 bucks for 6 hours of training. Joe doesn't advertise regularly here. I'm grateful that there are people like Joe who share their experience with others and only ask for a few bucks in return.

Thanks for the nice words Wayne, we did have a great time. I will try to post a quick vid for members who could not attend, hope fully they can still get a little something from it.
Thanks again for helping.
Joe maffei

Those dudes are crazy. i met Cyborg Dog through a buddy of mine, such a nice guy youd have no idea he beats people with whips and sticks for fun [laugh]

That’s the thing the really tough, tough guys that fight FOR real, are the nicest guys because there is nothing to hide. But folks that come off as keyboard badass are usually insecure because they don't test themselves and don't know their own truth so they become hostile. I love the dog brothers and have utmost respect for all the fighters.

Back
Top Bottom