Ready for Action

JonJ

NES Member
OK, so it's not a real Milsurp but close enough. Norinco 97T, Winchester 1897 Trench Broom copy. It's sporting a 1917 bayonet that I got yesterday and a Turner Saddlery 1907 sling.
trencha.jpg

I'd be curious to see how these Norinco Mod 97s hold up under "severe conditions"...

Think the "higher ups" at the PPD would get aggravated if you showed up with that in the cruiser to quell some sort of Civil unrest?

CCJC

Won't the bayonet rip the hell out of the headliner in your cruiser, Jon?

Then again, that thing'd be absolute HELL on Santa... [smile]

Seriously, that's a sweet lookin' boomstick.

But will it continue to fire as long as you hold the trigger back while cycling the action?

An Ithaca 37 will.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I haven't shot it yet. I had some nasty oral surgery just over a month ago. I'm still a bit skittish. I did shoot my new AR build yesterday for the first time. That was fun and no pain.
I have to shoot shotgun in two weeks for a QUAL anyway and I'll wait till then just to give it a bit more time.

Dennis, I don't know if the shot will hit the bayonet. I'd try slugs but not sure about 00 Buck. The pattern must still be tight at that distance, no? I think Buck was issue with the real ones.

Bloodhound

i really dont think theres anything as evil as a shotgun with a bayonet on it

How about an M-16 w/a M-203 grenade launcher?

Note: Punctuation was developed for a reason.

But will it continue to fire as long as you hold the trigger back while cycling the action?

An Ithaca 37 will.

Yes it will. I took mine to the range and tried it out. Lots of fun, and there were a number of dead Pepsi cans that can attest to the effectiveness of rapid fire shotgunning.

Back
Top Bottom