RCBS American Traitor

China is a mixed bag. Some of their stuff his rather high quality (think iPhones and most other consumer electronics). That being said, I get a bit of the creeps when I see "Made in China" on a package of syringes or "Made in Mexico" on a pack of medical solutions or normal saline.

ignorance_is_bliss_matrix.gif

What makes you think I "support" China? Because I called out your nonsense?
Ok, so this is the problem that I have. Call it a Pet Peeve, if you will.
I have no problem with world trade. I'm not a protectionist as someone called me.
I have no problem buying a chinese product made by a chinese co in china if thats what I want and need.
The problem I have is an american co having a chinese worker make something for 26 cents an hour and then selling it in the u.s. just under the price as if it were made here.
RCBS and all those other american companies dont need to have anything made in china in order to sell it to americans. Neither does any american co. if you were to ask me. Its pure greed on their part and tells me that they dont give a shit about the american worker or their family outside of their own, that is.

I have no problem with world trade. I'm not a protectionist as someone called me.
I have no problem buying a chinese product made by a chinese co in china if thats what I want and need.
The problem I have is an american co having a chinese worker make something for 26 cents an hour and then selling it in the u.s. just under the price as if it were made here.
RCBS and all those other american companies dont need to have anything made in china in order to sell it to americans. Neither does any american co. if you were to ask me. Its pure greed on their part and tells me that they dont give a shit about the american worker or their family outside of their own, that is.
Do you really think the mark up would be any different?
The way I see it is a lot of these reloading companies almost have to be gready the sales volume demands it. How many times is someone going to buy a scale?
Honestly I have only bought one retail, the rest used or the hornady press that came with pos scale.
I don't think the rcbs 505 would be the same price if it was made in the USA.
Let's say only one person made the scale how much per year does one make to assemble scales? 30k ? Now that's just salary. I don't think its fair to say American companies don't care but many just would not survive all to long with out out sourcing? How about the jobs replaced by machines?
Its all good.
I wish I could get a lot of things made in USA , I have a hard time at work getting parts no matter who makes them that are all good out of the box.

Now I don't know if I want a Chinese company selling me reloading stuff?
There is a difference between China making stuff and then a company manufacturing stuff in China.

It’s not greed. It’s capitalism.

You continue to not understand how it works. It’s based on their numbers, not your feelings. Until, that is, your feelings are shared by enough people to affect their numbers.

Keep striving.

Back
Top Bottom