RCBS American Traitor

Yeah so I didnt give it much thought until a few days ago when I was looking into a new beam scale.
Made a few calls and it seems that RCBS stuff is being made in China. WTF?
Made in China? Why? What for?
Why would an American ICON like RCBS be willing to support China with hard earned American money? Why would they care more about the Chinaman taking care of his family more than the American father caring for his family?
The answer: GREED! Theres absolutely no need for RCBS to have anything made in China besides GREED.
Redding, Dillion, Whidden, and Lee all make everything in the U.S. and still do well. At the same time supporting American Families.
So I went with the Dillion Scale and all my Dies are Redding. f*** RCBS! American Family Traitors!
RCBS? Why would you even take the USD and give it to the Chinese and call yourseff an American Co.?
I will pay twice as much for a die made in the U.S.A than your Chinese lousy metallurgy, terrible metric conversion American Standard crap.

And why shouldn't they? They're just following in the footsteps of the president and his daughter whose crappy clothing lines are made in China (and India and Bangladesh) too. Lead by example.

Capitalism called. It wants its profits back.

No biggie. Wave your flag and vote with your feet. If enough consumers agree with you, they’ll lose money and make a change. If not, it’s just the invisible hand of the market.

It’s just business. Feelz don’t matter, and shouldn’t.

FTR, I use Lee.

Yeah so I didnt give it much thought until a few days ago when I was looking into a new beam scale.
Made a few calls and it seems that RCBS stuff is being made in China. WTF?
Made in China? Why? What for?
Why would an American ICON like RCBS be willing to support China with hard earned American money? Why would they care more about the Chinaman taking care of his family more than the American father caring for his family?
The answer: GREED! Theres absolutely no need for RCBS to have anything made in China besides GREED.
Redding, Dillion, Whidden, and Lee all make everything in the U.S. and still do well. At the same time supporting American Families.
So I went with the Dillion Scale and all my Dies are Redding. f*** RCBS! American Family Traitors!
RCBS? Why would you even take the USD and give it to the Chinese and call yourseff an American Co.?
I will pay twice as much for a die made in the U.S.A than your Chinese lousy metallurgy, terrible metric conversion American Standard crap.

sorry, couldn't resist.

RCBS aand others have been made in china for a while.
I know at some point redding and EABCO have joined together or at least is manufacturing things for EABCO.

RCBS at some point was bought up by ATK/Vista outdoors so big business likes cheap manufacturing cost.

made in china does not have to mean its a pos they should still have quality controls in place.

Last edited:
RCBS aand others have been made in china for a while.

Well if Lyman, Lee, Dillon, Redding and Hornady can make stuff in the U.S. and support american families than why cant rcbs?
How many chinese do you think buy an American made press? Answer>0.
The only rcbs thing I have, and it even cost more than the U.S.A. made Lyman is a primer tray. which is going in the trash as soon as I pick up a better quality and more affordable Lyman. If you ask me, the new Lyman line looks a whole lot better than that rcbs cheap chinese crap. And the prices are better too!

Go through your house and throw everything away that isn't made in the USA, you will soon realize the "junk pile" is getting pretty big...... I bet you drive around in your Chevy or Harley saying "I only drive American made!" lol. Oh, and by the way..... Dillon D-terminator scales are made in China......

Go through your house and throw everything away that isn't made in the USA, you will soon realize the "junk pile" is getting pretty big
I will do just that but I doubt I will find much made in China around here since most everything is an antique.
"Oh, and by the way..... Dillon D-terminator scales are made in China......"
Which is why I bought the American made Beam Scale.
But I'm watching them too. If they go Chinajunk I'll move along to another supplier.

I'm sure every manufacture out sources some stuff.
IIRC hornady out sources the castings for their presses.

I'm sure each of these manufactures has out sourced products to some degree.
As much as I would like everything to be made here it's getting harder for small business to do so .

Good Lord! God help U.S. almighty. We are done put a fork in us.
Just opened my Dillon Beam Scale. Noticed it was kind of flimsy. A lot lighter than I thought it would be and the paint job kinda sucked. Felt more like pot iron than cast iron. Then I saw a little white sticker way up inside the bottom hollow part. I peeled it off and pulled it out.
Made in China. WTF?
Good Lord Almighty! I made it clear to the guy @ Shooter Outpost that I wanted to buy Made in U.S.A. only.
He said the box said nothing about being made in China and he was pretty sure all Dillion stuff was made in the U.S.A. Son or a Bitch! Now I got this friggin scale that weighs about 2 oz and looks like shit sitting on my loading bench surrounded by Redding and Forster equipment. I am so friggin pissed I feel like smashing it into the trash can. But that would be a loss of $80 plus 2 hours of drive time and gas. SHIT!
I'm taking it back! I'm taking it back tomorrow! We need to start putting a flag on all the boxes from the country of manufacture. This sucks! China does terrible freaking work!

Just opened my Dillon Beam Scale. Noticed it was kind of flimsy. A lot lighter than I thought it would be and the paint job kinda sucked. Felt more like pot iron than cast iron. Then I saw a little white sticker way up inside the bottom hollow part. I peeled it off and pulled it out.
Made in China. WTF?
Good Lord Almighty! I made it clear to the guy @ Shooter Outpost that I wanted to buy Made in U.S.A. only.
He said the box said nothing about being made in China and he was pretty sure all Dillion stuff was made in the U.S.A. Son or a Bitch! Now I got this friggin scale that weighs about 2 oz and looks like shit sitting on my loading bench surrounded by Redding and Forster equipment. I am so friggin pissed I feel like smashing it into the trash can. But that would be a loss of $80 plus 2 hours of drive time and gas. SHIT!
I'm taking it back! I'm taking it back tomorrow! We need to start putting a flag on all the boxes from the country of manufacture. This sucks! China does terrible freaking work!
I tried playing the made in USA game 20 years ago, found out a few things. Most of what I used was not made here the rest was over priced and might as well be made in China . Tough days ahead.

Lol, but yes, for a few extra bucks I'd buy American and support this business here.

I don't know if there is way to tell if something was completely China made. We need to stop throwing money away on shitty tools

Bro, you need to chill. You’re going to get an ulcer.

The Made in USA ship sailed many, many years ago. American provenance is absolutely no guarantee that a part was made to any kind of decent specs just because the dude who turned the wheels on the milling machine happened to speak English.

There is PLENTY of junky product made here in all sorts of industries. Me, I want a well-made product at a decent price. I couldn’t care less where it was made. Why? Because I like capitalism.

For the most part if Made in the USA is not in the product description its a high chance its not.
The Redding scale is made in USA I have a vintage one and use it often.

For the most part if Made in the USA is not in the product description its a high chance its not.
The Redding scale is made in USA I have a vintage one and use it often.
I am trying to find out if the current Redding scales are made in the U.S. but I cant seem to find that info. I would much rather have a Redding scale than a Hornady but only if they are in no doubt made in America.

Do you like being unemployed? Or do you like working with junk? I personally care where my tools are made and my reloading bench will not have any chinese pieces of shit on it.

If my products can’t beat another company’s products without subsidies, tariffs, or tugging on peoples’ heartstrings (on their own merits, in other words), then maybe I deserve to be unemployed.

Whatever. You cut out the most important part of my post, which is that there’s plenty of Made in America junk too. You know that’s true. The first day I found some of that was an eye-opener, like encountering my first idiot with a Harvard degree or my first fat Ranger. If you haven’t found any yet, I hope you never do.

Made in China. WTF?

And, they should Get Off Your Lawn!

Don’t forget that.

Do you like being unemployed? Or do you like working with junk? I personally care where my tools are made and my reloading bench will not have any chinese pieces of shit on it.

Protectionism usually sucks- or at least MOST of the time it sucks. I'm sure someone could come up with a special circumstance where it doesn't suck, but when it comes to manufacturing of common
goods, it's usually pointless. I'd rather be free to choose what I want to buy based on merit or any other criteria that appeals to me.

BTW did you know that several major federal gun laws are rooted in protectionism? Like the 1989 import ban (in place by EO under the Bush Sr. administration) is all because of
gun mafia protection rackets.... and then before that there are parts of GCA68 that are rooted in protectionism. (like that stupid f***ing POINTS system for handgun
importation, etc.. .. ) You want to know why semiauto AKs cost like 600 f***ing dollars or more now? Because protectionism, that's why. The government has f***ed you
out of the ability to make your own choices because it wants to scratch the back of some american conhugecos making guns. Trump won't get rid of the 89 import ban
because he likes massaging the collective nutsack of the US gun industry. So the jingo protectionists have more or less robbed you of freedom to choose the product you
want, and you're going to keep validating that mechanism that allows them to remove choice from you? /boggle.

Also, if you want to know why there is so much junk all over the place, you can just find the nearest skinflint and point straight at them. Skinflints practically demand this junk. Even if we had protectionism to the degree that it forced US manufacturing, you're delusional if you don't think that the quality would still be marginal... .and you'd be paying more for that same junk, to boot.

Instead of whining about it you can easily do something by voting with your dollars and at least start by buying the least-junky product you
can, regardless of where it is made. I'm not impressed by "made in USA" that label is meaningless to me. It is a "good feeling" if I buy something that says
that and it isn't shit- but it's not a guarantee of anything..... for a long ass time american cars were absolutely shit - and it literally took a massive amount of japanese, and later, korean
cars coming into the marketplace before Ford/GM/etc actually started making cars that non jingos wanted to buy. (EG, people who cared more about the quality of the vehicle vs "where it
was made" necessarily.

-Mike

Protectionism usually sucks- or at least MOST of the time it sucks. I'm sure someone could come up with a special circumstance where it doesn't suck, but when it comes to manufacturing of common
goods, it's usually pointless. I'd rather be free to choose what I want to buy based on merit or any other criteria that appeals to me.

BTW did you know that several major federal gun laws are rooted in protectionism? Like the 1989 import ban (in place by EO under the Bush Sr. administration) is all because of
gun mafia protection rackets.... and then before that there are parts of GCA68 that are rooted in protectionism. (like that stupid f***ing POINTS system for handgun
importation, etc.. .. ) You want to know why semiauto AKs cost like 600 f***ing dollars or more now? Because protectionism, that's why. The government has f***ed you
out of the ability to make your own choices because it wants to scratch the back of some american conhugecos making guns. Trump won't get rid of the 89 import ban
because he likes massaging the collective nutsack of the US gun industry. So the jingo protectionists have more or less robbed you of freedom to choose the product you
want, and you're going to keep validating that mechanism that allows them to remove choice from you? /boggle.

Also, if you want to know why there is so much junk all over the place, you can just find the nearest skinflint and point straight at them. Skinflints practically demand this junk. Even if we had protectionism to the degree that it forced US manufacturing, you're delusional if you don't think that the quality would still be marginal... .and you'd be paying more for that same junk, to boot.

Instead of whining about it you can easily do something by voting with your dollars and at least start by buying the least-junky product you
can, regardless of where it is made. I'm not impressed by "made in USA" that label is meaningless to me. It is a "good feeling" if I buy something that says
that and it isn't shit- but it's not a guarantee of anything..... for a long ass time american cars were absolutely shit - and it literally took a massive amount of japanese, and later, korean
cars coming into the marketplace before Ford/GM/etc actually started making cars that non jingos wanted to buy. (EG, people who cared more about the quality of the vehicle vs "where it
was made" necessarily.

-Mike
I understand theres American junk out there. But I also understand theres a shitload of good jobs leaving this country. Seems like the only jobs left are waitstaff, bar tenders, bill collectors and lawyers. I sent a guy to lowes the other day to pick up a creeper. He came back with one and I knelled down on it, first time and it snapped in half. Made in China. The Snap On Tool one my late coworker left behind 10 years ago when he died and after having it for 25 years is still in decent shape and usable.
Now to be fair, I do like stuff made by the Japanese. They make good solid stuff but it cost a bit more too. My Weatherby Vanguard II was made with a Japanese barrel (Howa) and assembled at the Weatherby factory. (Thus! employing Americans and making a quality product.) Its a wonderful piece of solid perfect machinery. I would never in a million years even think about buying a chinese made gun, or even a barrel. Or any part of a gun, actually.
As far as protectionism I still believe that we should have the option to know where something is made before we purchase it. Every carton and package should clearly have a flag printed on it of the country of origin. IMHO. That would protect my right for me to choose who I buy from.

And why shouldn't they? They're just following in the footsteps of the president and his daughter whose crappy clothing lines are made in China (and India and Bangladesh) too. Lead by example.
Yeah!!!! This all started last year!!!

WooHoo! Just called Shooters Outpost and the guy said, "I don't blame you, bring it right in and we'll either exchange it or give you your money back." He also said that they had some Winchester safes there and as soon as he sells the last one he's done selling them too because they showed up with Made in China stickers on them to.
So its a long ride down to Hooksett for me. But! Its going to be a satisfying one.

Yeah!!!! This all started last year!!!
Wife got me a pair of long underwear from Cabella's a couple of years ago. And of course they were made in China. First time I went to take a pee I noticed that the hole in them where you fish your dick thru was way under by my butt. Every time I wore these I cursed Cabella's.
So one day I e-mailed Cabellas and told them to call China and tell them to tell the 12 year old slave labor girls that they had making these things that a man didn't pee the same way they did.

Back
Top Bottom