• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ranges near Nashua

Nashua F&G is famous for their over the top restrictive rules. If you want to talk to some members about it, go to one of their public trap nights - something like once or twice a week.

Yes there are a lot of Fudds that run the club. It almost took an act of God to get the action pistol range going.

Malodave

I'm looking to join there myself, any members here that would be willing to sponsor my application ???

Id pass on Nashua Fish and game if I were you.

I was a member 20 years ago and it was a great place... 4 years ago I moved back to NH and decided to rejoin.

What I found is that you have to "qualify" on each of the ranges you want to shoot on.

Also there are a host of rule you have to follow when you are on the line, rendering the line safe, numbers weapons allow at the firing station.

Now don't get me wrong...their range and their rules...I get that.

Also they are close to BAE, the Camper Inn and the Merrimack Outlet so high or run away round would have a very negative affect on their club.

Was shown some of the damage to the range by "supposedly reliable" shooters.....trust but verify ...got that too

They are good people but too many rules and regulations for me... at my age and shooting for as long as I have "mother may I?" just don't work for me.

I'm not against following a clubs rules.... just when you can't turn around without bumping in to a bunch more rules.... it takes away from a lot of the enjoyment factor.

There's a bunch more clubs out there that are far less restrictive, cheaper and I think you'd have a better time shooting at.

Id pass on Nashua Fish and game if I were you.

I was a member 20 years ago and it was a great place... 4 years ago I moved back to NH and decided to rejoin.

What I found is that you have to "qualify" on each of the ranges you want to shoot on.

Also there are a host of rule you have to follow when you are on the line, rendering the line safe, numbers weapons allow at the firing station.

You're bummin' me out [sad2]

I'm not against following a clubs rules.... just when you can't turn around without bumping in to a bunch more rules.... it takes away from a lot of the enjoyment factor.

There's a bunch more clubs out there that are far less restrictive, cheaper and I think you'd have a better time shooting at.

Can you suggest any others that are currently accepting new members ???

It was mentioned earlier - but PF&G is accepting new members. I just went to the group interview yesterday.
I thought it was odd the rules weren't online - but knowing two existing members, I could easily find out.
If you have any questions WRT the rules, I can flip through the book and share.
You have to qualify for the indoor pistol range; which allows you to shoot on the turning target range (outdoor).
You have to qualify for the 200m rifle range (which has steel and target frames for paper).
You have to qualify for the 600 yard range (which I believe is only paper targets).
There's a silhouette range for non-bottlenecked cartridges, I forget the distances.
9 small actions ranges
4 large action ranges
I haven't memorized the rule book yet, but I believe the only place you can bring your own steel is the action bays - and your set up needs to be approved prior to use by one of the committees. There are plenty of target frames, barrels, etc that you can set up in the action bays.

I mean, pretty much what you read on the site, is what they have.

It was mentioned earlier - but PF&G is accepting new members. I just went to the group interview yesterday.
I thought it was odd the rules weren't online - but knowing two existing members, I could easily find out.
If you have any questions WRT the rules, I can flip through the book and share.
You have to qualify for the indoor pistol range; which allows you to shoot on the turning target range (outdoor).
You have to qualify for the 200m rifle range (which has steel and target frames for paper).
You have to qualify for the 600 yard range (which I believe is only paper targets).
There's a silhouette range for non-bottlenecked cartridges, I forget the distances.

That seems a bit odd, so .444 Marlin, .45-70 and .500 Nitro Express are OK, but not .357 SIG or .30-30 ???

9 small actions ranges
4 large action ranges

I haven't memorized the rule book yet, but I believe the only place you can bring your own steel is the action bays - and your set up needs to be approved prior to use by one of the committees. There are plenty of target frames, barrels, etc that you can set up in the action bays.

I mean, pretty much what you read on the site, is what they have.

They have Sporting Clays but no Skeet or Trap ranges ???

Just received this list from Riley's after a visit. I cannot validate all the listings or the info but just thought it would be a good share for those seeking locations for themselves. Hope it helps some of you.[wave]
3 001.jpg
Ranges 2 001.jpg

Last edited:
You're bummin' me out [sad2]

I would echo Tracer1951's comments and then some. I was also a member at NFGA and cancelled my membership there.

Londonderry Fish and Game has a waiting list, however every person I know who has joined the waiting list has made it into the club rather quickly, as in less than a year. If you apply now you might get in for 2017. The differences between the clubs are significant.

That seems a bit odd, so .444 Marlin, .45-70 and .500 Nitro Express are OK, but not .357 SIG or .30-30 ???

They have Sporting Clays but no Skeet or Trap ranges ???

Rule book says Pistol Caliber Only (but it was verbally said, no bottleneck cartridges)
Handguns and .22 cal rimfire rifles only.
Other calibers and firearms allowed w/ Silhouette Committee or designee qualification and BOD approval.

They have a ton of skeet ranges and one trap (or I have it backwards, One skeet, ton of trap ranges?)

Back
Top Bottom