Ranges near Nashua

A friend of mine is moving to Nashua soon, and we'd like to take a trip out and poke holes in paper. I'm on MA north shore, so I don't know whats out near Nashua. Any good ranges or public land to shoot at?

Would love to know as well. Granite State Indoor Range is great but it'd be nice to know of an outdoor spot in that area.

There are no public outdoor ranges in the greater Nashua area. Quite a few private clubs have ranges and host events open to the public but they aren't generally open to the public. The few remaining informal shooting pits are closely held secrets. The only one I knew about was shut down this past spring.

-Nat

Big problem in NH right now is most of the private outdoor clubs worth shooting at are bricked out or waitlisted. Might be easier to find someone to host you. The sand pits etc, are rarely/never posted online because those are usually well kept secrets by the locals... for obvious reasons.

-Mike

It's a little bit of a ride, but Major Waldron's in Barrington has no waiting list, and is a pretty nice range for the modest membership fee. There is no major fuddery, we have a nice indoor range that you can get 24/7 access to after a year of membership and a qual, big 50 yard pistol range, and rifle out to 300.

Granite State also has one of the friendliest Rental and Range rates around... which can be good or bad.

They rent by the caliber, so for $15, you can go through there pretty decent selection - only caveat is I believe for the rentals they require you to use your own ammo, so their prices tend to be a $1 or so more than what you might find at your LGS.

For range, you are renting a lane. The clock is not ticking so to speak, and though I never have done it. I believe the rental is for the day... So you can wake up... go shoot, head to lunch, come back and shoot, take in an afternoon movie, shoot and then have dinner. Some times there can be a little wait though, but all and all, one of the more friendly set ups I have been to.

Did join them as a member this year

I believe Pelham is still taking members. Nashua F&G is at their max of 900.
However, the new year is here and some members fall off the rolls and new
members are added from the waitlist. Dues just went up to $150/yr.

Malodave

I believe Pelham is still taking members. Nashua F&G is at their max of 900.
However, the new year is here and some members fall off the rolls and new
members are added from the waitlist. Dues just went up to $150/yr.

Malodave

i asked pelham if members are allowed to bring their own steel to the action ranges, and they told me i have to join to find out the club rules.
[thinking]

i asked pelham if members are allowed to bring their own steel to the action ranges, and they told me i have to join to find out the club rules.
[thinking]

Is that the "Pelosi" rule ??? [laugh]

If anyone has the secret knowledge of a pit to shoot in near Nashua, PM it to me, I'd be interested in knowing that myself.

I could go to Granite State, but I despise indoor ranges, always have.
Punching holes in paper just bores the sh*t out me, I want to see something react when I hit it. Also, indoor range stalls get a bit cramped when you pack 14 guns, 5 ammo cans and a big bag full of magazines and miscellany. This does not make the people who run the range very happy either. [wink]

Last edited:
The guy building the place in tyngsboro is a tyngsboro cop - not a bad guy.

Don't know much about it but you could look into Horse Pond in Nashua?

I'm a member at Centralville in Dracut - not a bad place - indoor range is okay and the outdoor range is getting better

Nashua Fish and Game opened membership recently, but I haven't even checked it out so I know nothing about it.

[thinking]

I asked a member, he said the answer is yes depending on the range. Not allowed on every range, but on certain ones.

If you are interested in joining NFGA contact the membership governor... his email is available on the NFGA webpage. If you don't have a sponsor, you will need to be interviewed by a trustee. They conduct interviews the first Wednesday of every month just before the general membership meeting. The membership governor will be able to tell you if and when you can meet with a trustee.

If you are interested in joining NFGA contact the membership governor... his email is available on the NFGA webpage. If you don't have a sponsor, you will need to be interviewed by a trustee. They conduct interviews the first Wednesday of every month just before the general membership meeting. The membership governor will be able to tell you if and when you can meet with a trustee.

I already did that, got a reply yesterday, told me to be there on the 15th at 6:30 for an interview.
(that's actually the third Wednesday)
Then if approved, I'd have to take an orientation class on a Saturday in March.
I've never been to that club, what do they let you shoot for targets ???
Is it paper only ??? (that bores the crap out of me, which is why I avoid indoor ranges)
How about plastic jugs or metal spinners/poppers ???
Do they have any stupid maximum capacity rules like Ashland, where they only allow you to load 5 rounds at a time in a magazine or revolver ???

I already did that, got a reply yesterday, told me to be there on the 15th at 6:30 for an interview.
(that's actually the third Wednesday)
Then if approved, I'd have to take an orientation class on a Saturday in March.
I've never been to that club, what do they let you shoot for targets ???
Is it paper only ??? (that bores the crap out of me, which is why I avoid indoor ranges)
How about plastic jugs or metal spinners/poppers ???
Do they have any stupid maximum capacity rules like Ashland, where they only allow you to load 5 rounds at a time in a magazine or revolver ???

Paper only on most of the outdoor ranges. You can shoot plastic jugs only on the plinker range. No metal targets anywhere.
No rules on magazines loaded to capacity.

NFGA has 7 or 8 ranges.... to a previous poster's point, some ranges allow non-paper target most do not. NFGA as a big rule book. The trap range rules and long rifle range rules limits the number of rounds in a mag. there are no range rules that limits the number or rounds loaded in a pistol. A 33ft plinker range allows for certain non-paper targets. The action pistol range has some steel (bunkered in) and puts targets in motion but action pistol is only open when there is an RSO present.

Another club that hides their rules behind a members login. Sorry, I don't understand the logic of doing that. It seems that the club would want prospective members to know and agree to the range rules prior to filling out an application form, so that those joining face no surprises of what is or isn't allowed and perhaps reduce problems with new members violating the rules due to ignorance.

Since I hope to be moving into their area eventually, I have a definite interest in knowing what the various clubs in the area have for rules and facilities before deciding where to apply.

Nashua Fish and Game has also put Cameras at all the ranges. No fast fire or mag dumps.
338 Lapua and larger are not allowed, it was only 50BMG before. All ranges except the plinker
range you have to pass a written test and accuracy test before you are allowed to use.
Last I heard, the membership is still capped at 900. Yearly membership was just raised to
$150 a year plus 6 work hours.

Malodave

Another club that hides their rules behind a members login. Sorry, I don't understand the logic of doing that. It seems that the club would want prospective members to know and agree to the range rules prior to filling out an application form, so that those joining face no surprises of what is or isn't allowed and perhaps reduce problems with new members violating the rules due to ignorance.

Since I hope to be moving into their area eventually, I have a definite interest in knowing what the various clubs in the area have for rules and facilities before deciding where to apply.

Nashua F&G is famous for their over the top restrictive rules. If you want to talk to some members about it, go to one of their public trap nights - something like once or twice a week.

Back
Top Bottom