Range rules at Reading

... and other fun words that start with the letter 'r' :)

I've been trying to reach Derek without much luck recently to get the answer to some questions about Reading- thought you guys might be able to help me out...

As a member, do you know what I would be allowed to do on days that aren't match days? Could I come and set up a target at 600 and just go wild as long as I want? And what about hours- if I'm a member, can I come anytime I want, as long as there's sunlight?

Lastly, if I purchase one of those steel targets on a swing, would I be allowed to set it up on the 600 line and plink it?

Thanks all,
ZA

No you can't go WILD (your word) and no steel. You can shoot paper targets in a controlled manner during daylight. The last thing RRR needs is to have on get off the property.

B

By "wild" I meant the same as "knock myself out"- i.e., shoot to my heart's content wihtout having to worry about rules like "only one hour at a time" or no shooting on Thursdays or some other restriction. What I meant was can I come and shoot as much as I want as long as there's no competition that day.

I save "WILD" shooting for machinegun days in Vermont :)

Yes as far as I know. I think they have a one hour rule that says you must finish your shooting within an hour if others want to use the range. Not sure if they have a "someone must be in the pit rule."

B

I'm not a member but shoot there with a friend. You do not need someone in the pits. There is a limit from what I remember but if the new arrival is happy shooting at the distence in use everything is fine.

Attend one of their matches and you can ask them directly. I found their members a great bunch of people.

Back
Top Bottom